When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality Replicas

jromano

Hi, I've been casually shopping for a watch for the past few weeks and am very glad I found this site. I never owned anything other than a digital watch before, but I am definitely interested in watches now. My original budget was around $40 (college student), but I can stretch to about a $100 I guess. What are my best bets in this price range. Cheaper is better, I don't need anything too extravagant for my first watch. I'm not opposed to the idea of buying used either.

After researching these forums, here are some watches that I liked. Generally, I don't like GMT or anything too busy.

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...;products_id=51

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=151

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1699

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=331

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...;products_id=19

I appreciate any suggestions.

Edited by jromano

I'm glad Andrew's links were fast otherwise I might not have been able to study your choices. But I like that fact that you stick to basic, clean watches and will leave chronos and other complications for another day.

The Noob and PO are the best regarded of the watches you referenced-- perhaps the Tag as well. I'm not a Rolex person, but am very fond of the PO. I wish there were better JLC reps available, but that isn't intended as a knock on the one that you highlighted.

You mention that you are a college student. Be realistic about the watch you get so that it doesn't seem out of character for your means.

There are some great buys in the used forum. I've purchased several and never been disappointed. That doesn't mean satisfaction is guaranteed, just that I've had good like.

You might post what you are looking for in the WTB section. People buy watches and then end up not wearing them, but sometimes don't think it is worth the effort to resell them, especially for less than $100. If that person sees your advertisement they might just want to do you a favor... while clearing a slot in their watch box.

Good luck.

As a college student it might be wise to stay away from watches that cost several thousands of dollars, I suggest you might want to take a look through Narikaa's collection or even silixwatch for a good Asian.

Ken

I'm glad Andrew's links were fast otherwise I might not have been able to study your choices. But I like that fact that you stick to basic, clean watches and will leave chronos and other complications for another day.

The Noob and PO are the best regarded of the watches you referenced-- perhaps the Tag as well. I'm not a Rolex person, but am very fond of the PO. I wish there were better JLC reps available, but that isn't intended as a knock on the one that you highlighted.

You mention that you are a college student. Be realistic about the watch you get so that it doesn't seem out of character for your means.

There are some great buys in the used forum. I've purchased several and never been disappointed. That doesn't mean satisfaction is guaranteed, just that I've had good like.

You might post what you are looking for in the WTB section. People buy watches and then end up not wearing them, but sometimes don't think it is worth the effort to resell them, especially for less than $100. If that person sees your advertisement they might just want to do you a favor... while clearing a slot in their watch box.

Good luck.

I completly agree with this post. The watches you selected are quite elegant in thier simplicity these are fine choices. If I had to pick one, I would go with the noob. Second choice would be the PO. Next would be the Tag.

And you can occassionaly find a very nice used ETA powered simple (no extra dials or chronos) for 100 - 150 or so.. in fact i just picked one up. Stick with a respected and well known member and you will do fine

Best of luck to you.

I wouldn't worry about buying something that's worth thousands as a gen. I can't tell you how many rich kids I ran into at college who didn't dress the part. Also, never underestimate the "graduation gift" story. You can always walk into an AD, tell them you're graduating in May and that your parents promised you a nice watch and you're interested in browsing their selection. They'll show you anything under glass.