When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer World pics

metro23man

they both look great on the black croc strap!

the black dial version would look killer after a double AR treatment.

I have new gen black croc 24mm that I plan on selling, you might be interested would fit these perfectly and the Gen croc is much nicer than rep! My strap has tang buckle, not deployant type.

Wear them well,

M

just out of curiosity....why would you post something like this on a GENUINE watch forum???

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=923

Hi Italiano,

Because they have a section there for replica Breitlings for the purpose of identifying reps. Also as I wrote on that post, it was a test run for me posting pictures for when I receive my B-1. I'll post pics of it here also, when it arrives.

No matter what your intentions, its not a very bright idea to post reps on a gen forum. Our hobby is still very much underground (at least our high end reps). If you read the posts in that section you will find that they are still fairly ignorant to high end reps. By making them more aware, you are also making the distributors and manufacturers more aware. The swiss manufacturers tolerate our hobby for the most part, because the majority of reps are crap. As the become aware of the quality of high end reps the become more proactive about doing something about it. This very forum was attacked after another idiot member posted his Hublot rep in a gen watch forum!

No matter what your intentions, its not a very bright idea to post reps on a gen forum. Our hobby is still very much underground (at least our high end reps). If you read the posts in that section you will find that they are still fairly ignorant to high end reps. By making them more aware, you are also making the distributors and manufacturers more aware. The swiss manufacturers tolerate our hobby for the most part, because the majority of reps are crap. As the become aware of the quality of high end reps the become more proactive about doing something about it. This very forum was attacked after another idiot member posted his Hublot rep in a gen watch forum!

Oh NO! Maybe the Swiss have found this site too?

Metro,

Nice black dial world. I aslo recently purchased the White (actually silver) dial world from Ruby. and she is a beaut. Double AR would do the black dial justice. Try finding a brown croc strap for the black dial to add the extra contrast. This may be next on my order list (if i dont get the Montbrillant datora instead).

This is my GMT World. It is matched to a gen leather strap. It transforms the watch. It is over with The Zigmeister right now waiting for Chieftangs Double AR treatment. I got the watch fully serviced, relumed and a datewheel swap. I can hardly wait to get it back.

gen%20face%202.jpg

box.jpg

Metro,

Nice black dial world. I aslo recently purchased the White (actually silver) dial world from Ruby. and she is a beaut. Double AR would do the black dial justice. Try finding a brown croc strap for the black dial to add the extra contrast. This may be next on my order list (if i dont get the Montbrillant datora instead).

Yes the black dial watch could really do with double AR, but it's still nice as it is. The white dial watch has a light AR coating which is very helpful, but unfortunately that watch is now dead. It didn't survive a rain shower I got caught in. It got condensation under the crystal, which is fine because that dried out. The problem was the movement satrted to sound very noisy. And finally the bezel became very loose.

In contrast, the black dial watch survived a rain shower with no evidence of condensation under the crystal.

You win some and you lose some.

This is my GMT World. It is matched to a gen leather strap. It transforms the watch. It is over with The Zigmeister right now waiting for Chieftangs Double AR treatment. I got the watch fully serviced, relumed and a datewheel swap. I can hardly wait to get it back.

gen%20face%202.jpg

box.jpg

I'd love to see the pics of your watch when you get it back.

• 5 weeks later...

I second that... I have a few gens and I feel like the wool is being removed from my eyes! In fact, I was looking at a Tag Heuer - but then find out I can get a rep with a Swiss ETA movement for a fraction of the price. THEY BOTH BASICALLY HAVE THE SAME MOVEMENT!!! hummmmm... hard decision!