When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263/6265 pictures!

Diceman

Came from DW..i would like for the daytona crackheads to confirm this though. He fitted a vj72 dial on it for me. the vj23 is shot to hell..grinding and popping...i took the stem out and its chewed up..wtf. guys im going to have to put something else in..i don't care if it a movt with only 2 register..any ideas would be appreciated..something other thant them mystery pos movt, other than that..its beautiful.

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

The stem can be replaced. But can you be a bit less obtuse about the problem? When & under what conditions, specifically, is the watch grinding and popping? Is it making noise while running, or while setting the hands, or while running the chrono, or while winding? If you start there, someone might be able to make out what you are talking about.

Thanks freddy. Im missing the crown wheel. I think thats the wheel that winds the mainspring. I took the protective plate off and it wasn't there. I didn't transport the movt. anywhere..so I couldn't have lost it. could that be possible..manufacturer left out important component..or is it a mistake I made?

Plus I broke off the return bar..so Im f**cked for the moment.

Diceman - Do not, I repeat, do not spend one penny trying to repair that DW MM. It is an exercise in futility, and any money spent will turn out to be money wasted.

Instead, save your money for a Valjoux 23 movement. Find one of these, and pick up a set of VJ72 hands, and you'll be in business.

I agree with the both of you. This movement is toast. the only thing is to get a gen vj3..but from what I'be seen they are half price of the vj72 and harder to find. why not spend the extras for a 72. I think that is what i am going to do. But if I do that, it means will have to go for dw's 72 case kit. Maybe I can sqeeze it in the one I already have. I was told right..this is an expensive and time consuming project... types of movts. that can be used are very limited too. By the way..is broaching athe hands pretty easy??