When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Crystal Removal...

DuDro

Does the crystal on a 44mm case just pop out by pushing from the inside? Or do I need to remove the bezel first?

I tried searching for this, but was not able to find any previous threads discussing this. Please advise...Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been searching and cant find a tutorial on pam crystal swapping and or bezel removal.... well i finally received a new saphire AR crystal for my fiddy. It comes with the bezel already attached to the crystal. How do i get the old bezel off the watch? Just a razor blade and a sledge hammer? ;)

I have the proper crystal press ready to go. The nylon press is about the same diameter as the inside of the bezel so it should work. Or maybe i should just pop the crystal out of the bezel and not remove the bezel on the watch?

whats you guys thoughts on this?

I've been searching and cant find a tutorial on pam crystal swapping and or bezel removal.... well i finally received a new saphire AR crystal for my fiddy. It comes with the bezel already attached to the crystal. How do i get the old bezel off the watch? Just a razor blade and a sledge hammer? ;)

I have the proper crystal press ready to go. The nylon press is about the same diameter as the inside of the bezel so it should work. Or maybe i should just pop the crystal out of the bezel and not remove the bezel on the watch?

whats you guys thoughts on this?

I'm sure you could go either way... My inclination would be to remove the new crystal from the bezel using a hollow die to support the perimeter of the bezel as you press it out with a smaller diameter die from the inside. Reuse the compression ring when you install it into your current case.

The only reason I'd do it this way is to prevent dinging/marring the case which can happen sometimes when trying to pry off a bezel. But if you think you can pop off the old bezel without incident, then go right ahead and do so, and then just use a large hollow die to press in the new bezel crystal assembly together.