When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Does Mbw Rep Implied?

dvn

I hope this is not a old post but in case if it is please point me to the old post and forgive me.

Here is my question, i got a quote from Luckky for a MBW Submariner TT and i would like to

know what does MBW signify? Is a better watch? is it modded some what? or is it just a regular watch that can accept rolex genuin parts?

Thanks

I hope this is not a old post but in case if it is please point me to the old post and forgive me.

Here is my question, i got a quote from Luckky for a MBW Submariner TT and i would like to

know what does MBW signify? Is a better watch? is it modded some what? or is it just a regular watch that can accept rolex genuin parts?

Thanks

Where have you been man??? Okay,,this is an old old old old question but because I am one of the nice guys I will tell you what it is. M=Maria, B= Best, W=Watches. This are better than most reps and the Rolies vintage models will take oem parts. Now go buy some MBW. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

MBW VINTAGE watches that Luckyy carries are the true MBW watches. He had a DRSD, SRSD, and a white letter, all vintage models which do accept genuine bezels, inserts, crowns, and I believe dials. He also was showing a vintage MBW Explorer II, and a solid gold Daytona that MBW made up for a customer. These are by far, the best vintage model watches out there. His NEW version Subs are really pretty good, but the one batch had the Swiss Made off center, too far to one side. PreciousTime (PT) has what he calls an "Ultimate" Sub that is very very good. I've also read nothing but good things about TT Subs from Joshua and EddieLee.

B

No, just a mythical reputation. He's a shadow, a fog who, if you are worthy enough, might respond to an email or PM. I have yet to see him on this board but the replicas he can provide are somewhere between real Rolexs and the common fare we deal with here. On a somewhat more serious note, from what I've been able to gather in my short time here, this dealer, who obviously does not deal in volume sales, has access to very high quality replicas of Rolex watches (the even more mythical Maria's Best Watch produced by little elves in a hollow tree somewhere in south east Asia) including vintage reps of Rolex Submariners that will take original parts as replacements, ie. bezels, crowns, crystals etc... The accuracy and quality of these reps has been attested to many times here. What is less clear is the quality of, and the availability of, modern Rolex reps bearing the MBW blessing. I have seen several posts that say these watches are more flawed than the reputation of a MBW designation should permit. Weather they are worth the premium price is still not clear to me. Some of the best advice I've gotten here said all reps have flaws. Find one with flaws you can live with and buy it. None of these watches are going to pass close scrutiny from a true expert but I have passed my lousy Sub reps off to owners and un-enlightened jewelers too many times to count so why worry about splitting hairs you don't have to?.

does Luckyy have a website?

If I was into vintage I would be PM'n Luckyyy for MBW in a heartbeat, they are stunning examples of reps. The LV on the other hand, is a good rep but not GREAT. Although his description says he uses 440 steel, and if the case would accept gen parts (like the vintage models) I would be all over it. Unfortunatly I havent seen enough reviews on the MBW LV to determine if thats the case, and I currently have an LV that I'm pretty darn happy with to shell out big bucks on something I may not like as much (I couldnt wear it with that damn bold 300m unfortunatly), but i wouldnt mind stripping the bracelet of it.

On trc a newbie reported that Luckyyy responded to his pm (i guess patience is the key, send one pm and only one and wait for your turn to ride the MBW go-round), and placed an order and is awaiting delivery. So he's out there, im just not sure if I would go that route for a sub when there are some many great value subs out there.

From the dealings I have had with Luckyy. He will not respond to PM's. He even says that on his ad in RWI. Only emails. I think the main reason he does not want newcomers to ask him for a watch is that his communication is lacking for some. Therefore when newcomers start getting worried after having paid WU for a watch, they start bombarding him with emails demanding tracking info and such. If you are that type, I say think before you pull the trigger, or you might end up with more white hairs than you started out with. As for my experiences with him, he has been always polite and responsive, but not very rapid in his responses. Which is OK for me since he is more of a collector who has access to these grail watches, and is not a full time dealer. But as in all things in life YMMV.

Eddy