When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 253 panerai regatta experiences

skjalg

I'm curious to see this thread get answered as I'm considering one right now as well. He has two:

With sapphire and AR:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=982

With mineral crystal and SUPER AR (whatever that is):

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=890

I'd go for the sapphire myself.

I guess he has three. You could go for the swiss version too but I'm having a hard time paying $658.

Maybe I should? Any input on if the swiss 7750 is really worth that cash over the asian version? I've heard more bad than good about the asian 7750 but $658 seems alot.

I purchased this very same watch, and it is quite good. When it arrived I was a little taken back that it seemed smaller than other pams, and it is not, being a 44mm size, however the dial is smaller due to the larger casing, and the waffle dial with the complications

gives it that feel. The ar is quite good and the crystal is sapphire. I find myself not wearing this as much as my fiddy, 111, and 172, but it is still an excellent watch..

The sapphire version has an error on the caseback. It shows it as an H model and these were only made as I models. TYhe back on the gen and the mineral version have correct marking.

Also the dial of the mineral version is more accurate with the small markers between the minutes, which the sapphire version lacks. However, both versions have the incorrect serif font on the '1' of the 30-minutes counter.

All in all the mineral version seems a better choice.

Also the dial of the mineral version is more accurate with the small markers between the minutes, which the sapphire version lacks. However, both versions have the incorrect serif font on the '1' of the 30-minutes counter.

All in all the mineral version seems a better choice.

Holy cow, I looked at those yesterday for hours and never noticed the minute markers. Wow, I guess the mineral version is more accurate. The only thing that worries me is the exploding crystal issue. I've found plexi replacements but I need to see if I can find someone to replace it if it ever happens.

When did you buy it? I just talked to Andrew and he said that the only one that he actually can get is the mineral crystal version. That version appears to have the thinner font.

I bought it one year ago. :D