When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison of darwheels for DJ /3135 movements

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I have side by side a wholesale datewheel, that is damaged thanks to friction, on the left (note the steeth were shaved off)

and on the right, on a 2824-2 with the cubik works datewheel.

The cubik #'s are larger but font style is correct as well as the "off whiting:" in the background. If we can get the font the right size on the wafer thin metal that cubic offers then we are talking.

The optical solution here is to use a 2x cyclops instead of the 2.5 thus giving it the proper visual size. It would seem the larger font (cubik is about 15-20% larger) and the reduction of 20% of the mag will cure this.

Pic:

post-8404-1194461347_thumb.jpg

I have side by side a wholesale datewheel, that is damaged thanks to friction, on the left (note the steeth were shaved off)

and on the right, on a 2824-2 with the cubik works datewheel.

The cubik #'s are larger but font style is correct as well as the "off whiting:" in the background. If we can get the font the right size on the wafer thin metal that cubic offers then we are talking.

The optical solution here is to use a 2x cyclops instead of the 2.5 thus giving it the proper visual size. It would seem the larger font (cubik is about 15-20% larger) and the reduction of 20% of the mag will cure this.

Pic:

Hey amigo, I've posted this comparison in a previous thread. Except it is a scan of the genuine 3135 next to the rep overlay. Compared to the gen, the paint is a little different. My scanner picks up a bit of a blue hue off the cubic overlay. Stay patient. I am working on getting a nice overlay created.

CLICK HERE

This difference is very obvious, especially when viewed under the cyclops.