When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM love.

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

Well much to my surprise and initial dissapoint ment. My DSN PAM 111H started running fast for no reason. I have not been wearing it but keeping it would every day and a half or so. I notice it is running 20 minutes fast every 12 hours. The Zigmeister says to:

Balance hairspring coils touching each other, or the balance c0ck. Most likely due to oil on the hairspring.

Not sure how to do that or even if I would get the desired result. There is the same oil in there that it came with. Why start now?

I am by no means a movement guru but I can make small adjustments if given the proper directiob short of dissasembling the entire movement. I know my limitations.

I will wear the watch today and let it wind down and see what happens but if it does keep running fast what is my next best do-it-yourself course of action? I have an old German watch maker who is a sage where I used to live ( about 45 minutes away) who may be my last resort.

If I should need to open the caseback? any suggestions on how to proceed there??

If I should need to open the caseback? any suggestions on how to proceed there??

Sorry to hear of your bothers, Watchbuff. This is nothing a watchsmith can't regulate in a few minutes. I seriously wouldn't touch it, if I were you.

However, remember my recent trouble with the DSN 112? When I was opening the caseback (with my fingers, some use a ball of "masking tape"), I had the bright idea of touching the regulateur, and moving it, in my effort to kick start it.

Bad move. Though the watchsmith fixed it, when I got it back, it ran too fast. About 4 minutes gained per 12 hours. Drove me crazy.

So I did a stupid thing. I opened the caseback again. Toyed with the regulator by ratchetting it up and down the regulator index (the hash marks at the tip of the dagger).

casebackregulateurfixedal8.jpg

Lo and behold, it keeps time perfectly. 2 days in a row...

I don't suggest you do this though. Take it to a watchsmith. :)

Guest watchbuff

Thanks V

If it keeps doing it I may break down and go to the watchsmith to regulate it. other than that it's flawless. I might PM you on how you regulated yours, If I find some info about how its's done. For now I will play the wait and see game and wear the watch and maybe sitting on its side for 2 or 3 nights had something to do with it speeding up.

I just dont know why after 3 weeks it would do it on its own.