When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobi NEEDS help! New Tag Mens LInk/Now What!

culo

Just got my watch from Josh. I cant seem to find a noobi guide on how to properly change the date and how to properly wind the watch. I think I have to ccw the crown to loosen it first and then what? How do I put the crown back in? Are the Asian 7750 mvt the only ones you cant change the date between 10 and 2? Anyone?

The ETA movements are easy to use. Unscrew the crown, it should pop out slightly as it breaks free of the threads. This is the winding position by which you may manually wind the watch if you desire. Pull the crown outward slowly and you will feel a slight click or notch, this will be the date setting position. Turn the crown clockwise and the date wheel should rotate thus allowing you to set the proper date. Pull the crown fully out, this will be the time setting position.

Hint: You should set the date one day less than the actual date then pull the crown fully out to the time setting position and set the hour (remember to rotate past 12:00 for PM settings otherwise, the date may change at noon rather than midnight). After setting, gently press the crown fully in (it should spring back slightly as it contacts the case tube. Firmly press the crown and twist clockwise to engage the tube threads, turn until finger tight.

Not setting the watch date between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM is advised for 7750 chronograph movements because the date changing process is in progress during those hours and manual manipulation during this procedure may damage your movement.

Just a short note, although you can wind a 2824 it is advisable to do it slowly and carefully, better is to just rock it in your hand to move the winding rotor and then wear it, you will see whan it starts to tick. if you do a bill of diging you will find many threads on this and info from ziggy as to exactly why.