When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need help confirming authenticity of jubilee band

UB7

Found this on eBay and just bought-it-now - want to confirm that this is genuine before I make the payment...Looks good only reason i question it is because its 99$...Too good to be true? Seller has immaculate feedback so i assume this is the real deal and I just lucked out and got an amazing deal! edit: after talking with watchbuff, the dj dials he is selling look iffy - the reason im so confused is because he has such good feedback? i really need a fresh set of eyes for this 1...thanks in advance guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120181355229

item # 120181355229

Thanks guys!

Edited by UB7

Heh, thanks for the opinion.I agree the clasp looks real but how can you really tell if the band is or isnt gen? It would appear that theres no real way of knowing unless this seller decides to tell me the truth, i'm crossing my fingers...Would like to hear what other people think before I make payment..I messaged seller and asked him if it was 100% gen and waiting for a response

Edited by UB7

Auth. Rolex Bracelets are guaranteed to be sold at a premium. I don't think that if someone has preknowledge of it selling for $500 would let it go for 20% of the MSRP. If cost is not an issue, the clasp looks questionable (not "prominient" crown).

Found this on eBay and just bought-it-now - want to confirm that this is genuine before I make the payment...Looks good only reason i question it is because its 99$...Too good to be true? Seller has immaculate feedback so i assume this is the real deal and I just lucked out and got an amazing deal! edit: after talking with watchbuff, the dj dials he is selling look iffy - the reason im so confused is because he has such good feedback? i really need a fresh set of eyes for this 1...thanks in advance guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120181355229

item # 120181355229

Thanks guys!

I know that guy sells frankens with supposedly refinished tudor dials, refinished with rolex marking on it that is, and non-tudor 28xx movements in supposedly gen cases with aftermarket bands. He never says this particular band is authentic in the auction in question.

Searching through his feedback, you can see that he buys these parts from sellers in asia for less, and sells them for almost double. He has a few purchases from this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/parts4rolex now, compare that to his page: http://myworld.ebay.com/eleganttrade. Same items, new pics, ships from US, thats why he is able to get more for it, people are more likely to pay more for items that are local.

I see those bands going out of asia for 39.00 on the bay, from sellers with the same products as parts4rolex.

Hopefully the seller will allow a mutual agreement to not complete the sale. If not, I guess the only options are to buy it, leave neg and get neg back, don't pay and get a neg and an unpaid item strike, or pay, leave pos, and get pos. That is probably why his feedback remains high.

Add on:

These are a few sellers who I know to sell aftermarket parts without stating so: (they will admit when asked, so always ask!)

gohmeiling

jewparts

junkdvds (has some gen some AM, doesn't specify)

Well, thats it for now, the rest on my list are no longer registered users........hmmmm.........

Guess I better make a new list.