When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard GT XL

barsa4ever

TTK probably sold you yet another bad watch ( :lol::lol: )

They are commonly found that way. I significantly decreased the noise by opening up the caseback and using fine litheum grease on the rotor bearings. It was simple and solved 90% of the sound. I understand that a 100% fix involves a 44mm PAM gasket, but I have not done this.

Good Luck! I love mine :)

Guest carlsbadrolex

Do some searching... It appears they all sound like a plane with one dead engine and the second on the way out. Mine is so loud it simply cant be worn. The simple act of typing makes so much noise that people across the office complain. I have had mine serviced with no improvement.

hey what's that noise!...who is wearing right now the Chopard GTXL...I cannot concentrate on my work because of this noise... :lol:

just kidding...yesterday I've read a nice review from a member on RG about all versions of this model since it was released...and since I've been keeping an eye on this one I definitely decided to purchase it...I knew that there was present some kind of noise of the rotor...but so loud that makes other people around and the owner nervous...I didn't know that! -_-

well, who cares...I will get it...and I will find a solution to this probl...

BTW, is this present on both versions...asian 21j and asian7750 ?

hey what's that noise!...who is wearing right now the Chopard GTXL...I cannot concentrate on my work because of this noise... :lol:

just kidding...yesterday I've read a nice review from a member on RG about all versions of this model since it was released...and since I've been keeping an eye on this one I definitely decided to purchase it...I knew that there was present some kind of noise of the rotor...but so loud that makes other people around and the owner nervous...I didn't know that! -_-

well, who cares...I will get it...and I will find a solution to this probl...

BTW, is this present on both versions...asian 21j and asian7750 ?

Seriously it's a small problem for an inexpensive and good rep. I love mine!

Chopardws.jpg

I personally have a white and a black dial..and have to say that the rotor noise isn't obtrusive....I've also just checked mine against another 2x I have in stock...same on each watch....mind you the quartz one was very quiet....:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a small screww in the center of the rotor that takes it out, BUT.... I didn't do that. When you open the caseback, even peer through it before you do, you will see the little bearings just under the rotor in a small circle. when the caseback is off you can "toothpick" a little lithium grease about the bearings, all the while cleaning the surface/pushing it in. We are talking head of the toothpick amount here, not alot. then put case back on and spin spin spin.

Agan a major improvement, but not total. don't notice noise AT ALL when I wear it. Good luck with yours :)

There is a small screww in the center of the rotor that takes it out, BUT.... I didn't do that. When you open the caseback, even peer through it before you do, you will see the little bearings just under the rotor in a small circle. when the caseback is off you can "toothpick" a little lithium grease about the bearings, all the while cleaning the surface/pushing it in. We are talking head of the toothpick amount here, not alot. then put case back on and spin spin spin.

Agan a major improvement, but not total. don't notice noise AT ALL when I wear it. Good luck with yours :)

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it!