When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Firstime ever ... sombody noticed my watch!

BobM

The first time I ever got complimented on my watch was in Las Vegas by a gay cab driver. I was wearing my 029.

It was around 3am and I was getting a cab back from the Palms Hotel to the Venetian. I was more than a little drunk and poured myself into the backseat. I mumbled something that sounded like. "The Venetian, please." and he laughed and said "OK Panerai-boy."

At the time I didn't think anything of it, until I was reading a thread on how Panerai has become a status symbol for gay males.

Im just glad somebody noticed my watch!!

Really now? I also heard that gay males are prone to wearing pants and shirts.

I wore my noob every day to work for 6 monthes, not one comment. my bosses wear ebel, patek, seiko 5, cartier and some swatches. The people I work with are very visual people, designers and the like, and not once did they comment on the noob. Then I bought the UPO on a ss band, and a year later, only one co-worker commented on it. over xmas break i switched to the rubber strap, and the day I went back I had nearly every person in my office comment on the watch. most people commented that my "new watch" looked huge. one guy said "wow that is so cool, your watch doesnt tick. its so smooth man" it was a fun day for me. not one person asked if it was a gen.

we will see if I get watch questions with exp II that is going to The Zigmeister. Im guessing I will since it has a "different" kind of face ie white.