When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Sea Dweller Super Test

themuck

I've eventually finished all the text and now I've just got the pics to do. Many thanks to UB7 for the advice and guidance for posting the pics.

I am having to delay uploading the pics for a few hours or so but hopefully it will be worth the wait for you all.

Unfortunately I've had a number of issues with the pics because my photography skills are rubbish and my camera didn't like being blown into sat and decompressed - too blurred, reflections etc etc so I don't have as many to upload as I would have liked but I hope the ones I do include within the test review are acceptable.

Thanks for your patience everyone and I continue to be humbled and grateful for all your fantastic and encouraging comments - and wow have I needed that today sitting at the computer since early morning banging out this review.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to know exactly what steel the SSD was made of- the gen does use 904, which has enhanced corrosion resistance. Our dealers, it seems, are always told the material is 316... but is it, really? There are many different alloys, and heat treatments, and the factories certainly don't supply raw material certifications - hmmm, think I might do some testing- we have a scanning electron microscope with an electron beam spectroscopy tool- and our chief metallurgy guy owes me a couple of favors.....

I'd be interested in this as well. I've suspected that some (all?) replica's aren't really 316 as I've had a couple spot like this (though, not as extreme). My SMP Chrono spotted like that on the crown, and the clasp on my Yachtmaster did this as well. I've also noticed that some replica's just look 'better' than others, and I've wondered if it was due to the difference in the steel itself.

Keep us posted if you can get something done.