When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The best 'parts' in your collection?

mezzanine

The topic title is a little strange. Maybe the concept is too, but I thought it might be interesting.

The question is: what is the 'best' (*insert watch part here*) in your collection?

The idea is to get a feel for what 'parts' represent crowning achievements in the rep world.

For example, I could say that the best bezel I have seen is the ceramic gen bezel on the HBB.

I would say the best dial I have seen is unquestionably on my MBW ROO, in terms of detail and finish.

The best AR crystal might be the SFSO, considering it's thickness. I think the Cousteau crystal, given its actual surface area, is even more impressive.

Best case? Hmmm...maybe the MBW PP Nautilus Jumbo? Got to give some consideration to the Big Bangs, for sophistication of construction.

Best bracelet would be a subject for debate. I tend to like the design of the genta-style bracelets, like the Ingy, ROO, PP Nautilus, etc...

But even allowing for that stylistic preference, there's a mysterious finish to the MBW bracelets that is interesting to discover, having not really dipped into the non-Chinese reps too heavily before. I used to discount some of the mystique to hype, but my experience has been that the finish, in terms of the 'tightness' of the watch, as well as the construction and build quality are higher on these watches.

Best strap...hard to pick, I'm split between HKtan gator and Greg Stevens 'Crazy Horse'.