When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HKTan Straps?

aeroflott

Could someone tell me how to order straps from HKTan?

I heard he doesn't really check his PMs, but when I recently sent him my good wishes for his dad's recovery, he replied fairly quickly.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/HKTAN1/

Password:hktan

Also, please take his recent problems into account when ordering a strap. I ordered from him and it took well over a month to receive, and he wasn't chatty, but that's okay. It was a nice strap.

I just recieved my strap from HKT a few weeks back - took four months!?!

Communication was OK

It was not really even close to the picture and description he had advertised (cracked vintage), but never the less, it is a very nice strap, it was made very well and I like it.

Would I buy from him again...

I just recieved my strap from HKT a few weeks back - took four months!?!

Communication was OK

It was not really even close to the picture and description he had advertised (cracked vintage), but never the less, it is a very nice strap, it was made very well and I like it.

Would I buy from him again...

Hey Jake! Long time no see. :)

As for HKTAN, he's dead slow, but his quality is said to be very good (some disagree, of course. I've only one of his straps). I think because he deals in exotics and very custom-made straps (more custom-made than others, which take time to cut), his backlog becomes quite large.

He might be robbing Peter to pay Paul, moneywise, but as long as people don't mind the length of time, he'll keep on making the straps.

Recently, he had a bad spate of publicity about the length of time on a gen forum, but as I alluded to above, it was due to some very serious family problems.

I can relate...

Hey Jake! Long time no see. :)

As for HKTAN, he's dead slow, but his quality is said to be very good (some disagree, of course. I've only one of his straps). I think because he deals in exotics and very custom-made straps (more custom-made than others, which take time to cut), his backlog becomes quite large.

He might be robbing Peter to pay Paul, moneywise, but as long as people don't mind the length of time, he'll keep on making the straps.

Recently, he had a bad spate of publicity about the length of time on a gen forum, but as I alluded to above, it was due to some very serious family problems.

I can relate...

Good evening to you... Yes, I was sad to hear about HkTan's father and my wife and I had him in our prayers. I had a Davidsen 1950 sitting around that needed a strap with that "vintage" look. I have always admired HKT's "Vintage Cracked" and the idea that the leather came from old train seats intrigued me. Although four months was a long time, I would have been perfectly happy if I received what I ordered.

I expected the leather to have variations from the pictures HKT shows as it is cut from different areas of the leather seats but...

This is what I ordered:

HKT2.jpgHKT3.jpg

This is what I received:

HKT.jpg

Don't get me wrong - it is a very well made strap - it's just that when you wait four months with the belief that you have found the strap that will be "just right" for your watch, it is quite the let down to be expecting one thing and with no prior warning or admonishment, receive a totally different looking strap than the one you had hoped for. It is a nice strap, but I still wish that I had the vintage cracked HKT continues to show as the strap he sells, even though it appears he can not make the strap...

Edited by jake48

• 4 years later...