When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded 111h

UB7

Just got this modded 111h relumed and cannon pin fix (asian movement) and I love it! How ever it wont wind and wont keep time so it looks like i have to send it back...When I try to wind the crown, it gives alot of tension and will not rotate...The balance wheel is spinning, and the running seconds is sweeping but the minute hand wont advance...Im sure this is a quick fix, and im sure the dealer will fix it with no problem, i've heard of him actually replacing asian movements with swiss when problems like this arise...If not I have no objection to dishing out a couple extra bucks to have him put a swiss movement in...Well see what happens, other than that this transaction was flawless, impecable communication, SUPER fast shipping, and the lume on this watch is out of this world!

PB150427.jpg

PB150426.jpg

I couldnt get a good shot of the lume, it's 50 times brighter than what this picture depicts

PB160448.jpg

The problem you describe is not one of faulty parts, but one of faulty workmanship.

It sounds just like the one I posted about a while back, which was a hack job and a real mess...the one with the damaged set lever screw, and CG lever issues.

And I just got another one in, a mini-fiddy, that had the CG glued in place, the CG screw heads mangled, the CG lever had a big chunk of silicone sticking out of it, the hands were touching the dial, one dial foot was missing and the dial was loose, and clear tape was stuck all over the dial side of the movement. A real piece of work...

This is becoming all to common of an occurance.

RG

The Zigmeister, thanks for the assesment - I already talked with the dealer and it supposedly worked when it was shipped out to me ...Very wierd - Its almost like the watch is keeping time in ultra slow mo - It takes 2-3 hours to make a full 60 minute rotation of the minute hand...When I first opened up the package the first thing I did was set the time and give it a few winds...I wound the crown about 5 rotations and on the 5th rotation it just stopped and it wont wind anymore...I set the watch down for 3 hours, came back and the same thing happened except this time I was only able to give the crown 2 full rotations and than it stopped again and wont wind...Very wierd

It sounds like the cannon and hour wheels are not installed correctly or engaged with the minute wheel correctly. This could account for the problem you describe. From your description it sounds like the dial side gears are jammed up, and have a lot of resistance preventing the movement from running beyond a few hours after a full wind.

There is no way it got this way from shipping, it was defective when it left the shop. It wasn't assembled correctly, and worse, it was not tested after assembly to make sure everything was working fine.

I hope you get it all sorted out.

RG