When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Root Beer TT GMTs

tonyp1

I think these are referred to as the Root Beer GMT. Its been awhile since my last purchase ( 8 months) and Ive got the bug again. Ive found 2 versions of this watch. Does anyone happen to have one? If so could you please post pics. I dont wear my reps in public unless I have a long sleeve shirt so Im not too concerned with being called out. I love the two tone sport models and this one seems to have allot of charisma.

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...01479922b73f3c0

Edited by tonyp1

This King's version is better. Good thick crystal, sharp bezel teeth, decent crown and cg's. Actually this is much better than his SS versions.

ROLEX-121.jpg

A bit too short & thick GMT hand and little oversized date mag. But not a bad effort.

The other insert (all brown) is a fantasy version.

I think the Root beer GMT is hideous, but to each their own. :)

I was able to find only one gen pic for reference. Ironically, it comes from a replica scam site. :lol:

rx117.jpg

Looks like the font on King's version is a bit oversized too. Giving it a second thought, I might go for the Trusty's version anyway. It's basically the same watch as "Retro" (that I reviewed). I know that one has mighty good "feel".

Either way, looks like these Root beer versions are surprisingly well replicated. And of course you already know the the gold plating on rep Oyster bracelets can be a bit questionable.

Good luck (whatever you choose)!

"Looks like the font on King's version is a bit oversize too" This is the exact problem with my current GMT. I often browse my local official Rolex dealer ( minus my rep). Man... the dial on my watch is huge compared to the Gen. I think it has something to do with the crystal they are using on some of these reps.

Edited by tonyp1