When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If anyone is thinking of getting full movement service....

911RS

DO IT! You won't regret it....

I sent mine to The Zigmeister and got full movement service on my UPO along with other stuff...

The watch doesn't sound the same when it ticks or when the rotor moves when I shake it....

It just feels and sounds more solid! After experiencing that.... you know your watch is gonna last a very very long time!

Thanks The Zigmeister! You are DA MAN!

Enjoy it. Properly cleaning and lubricating a movement makes a big difference. There is nothing more annoying than the whir of a poorly assembled watch. The sound and feel of the rotor on some of the Asian movements out of the box drives me crazy.

In terms of service there are two schools of thought. Some folks service it out of the box. The theory is that if you don't make sure they are properly serviced initially and either wait till it breaks or when it ceases to keep accurate time you may be dealing with more of a mess on your hands. The other school of thought is wait til it breaks. :lol: Beyond that, any watch (rep or gen) should be serviced every 3-5 years.

Yeap it is definetly worth it!

Ziggy had serviced my PVD Pam28 with Power Reserve ETA 2892 and it ticks much smoother and PR indicator is much more accurate!

Thank you Ziggy! Always grateful to have you on this board.

You're very welcome.

The 2892's tend to have gummed up pallet stones and escape wheels, once cleaned and lubricated, they are very smooth.

RG

Hi Rob,

Greetings from Taiwan!! I am out visiting my family out here. Thought I'd say hello to everyone. And going back to topic, yes, after a movement, it's does make for a difference especially if your movement's previous state is not that "great". I had an Asian 127 serviced by Rob, and you can just simply "feel" that difference, when you manually wind that puppy up. before the service, you can feel that while winding it, it feels slightly rougher, but once it is serviced, the winding action became a lot more smoother, and you're set for another 5 years, not having to worry. congrats on your UPO receiving the "cleanse"! It's good for its soul..... :D

I've owned the watch for 1 month before I sent it to The Zigmeister. I had no problems with it at all.... It was sent to him for peace of mind.... and I know my mind will be at peace for a very long time. Money well spent!

Thanks again The Zigmeister!