When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese ?

myk078

Hello All,

I am a watch enthusiast and this is my first post (i never knew this forum existed, lol).

Anyways...

Like everyone here, I truly believe IWC timepieces are classic and very reputable.

I had a gen IWC 3706 for the past few years but was recently stolen out of my gym bag...at the GYM!!!

I am now interested in the Portuguese (black on black). After reading many of the IWC replica reviews, I would love to purchase one that is of high quality.

Please advise/recommend any sites or persons that has and can sell.

Thanks for your help.

PS. I was also looking into the IWC 3717 or 3706...but leaning more toward the Portuguese.

The Portuguese is a stunning watch. Sadly there is a problem with the reps of this watch because it's a 'seconds at six' I believe. To get the seconds sub-dial down into that position they added some extra gears to the movement and it's more than the movement can take. Some folk have had no problems with it; but enough folk have to say you're taking a risk. Recently there have been some sales of watches where owners have 'frozen' the seconds sub-dial, which solves the problem (but of course then the seconds sub-dial doesn't work).

The 3717 is a tremendous watch - both gen and rep.

3717ddc5.jpg

A gen shot B)

Crystal/Shunt....when did you guys purchase and w/ whom?

I've been reading the new movement (a7750/28800bph) is a lot better....no?

Thx for your comments....will have to decide soon.

It's not a question of new or old A7750, but of the extra gears (as said by cornerstone) : on a 7750 the second hand is on the 9 (i think ..). So to move it on 6, the A7750 has been modified with extra gear ......

So the only advice i could give you is to avoid this rep .... and believe me i am as sad as you cause is one of my fav. (mine, going more and more wrong, it's a question of time ..)

DSC00006.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

on iOffer there seem to be a few quartz version of the Port... qwould there still be a lot of problem if it was a quartz model?

I ask because the black/blue font on the white background has really high contrast which is ideal for someone with poor vision.

My Port was from tonyxf from cqout, doesn't list them anymore. Seems like I found out why. He has promised to fix it, so it's with him at the moment. Gone very quiet though, it may have been an expensive mistake. My old fella has a gen port, I've spent months having people guess the original, most failing to spot any difference. Who's had the last laugh now?

Just ordered a Pilot from Sillix to replace it though, looking forward to that arriving.