When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How not to get a PO resized

FxrAndy

I recently sorted out a UPO from PT for a friend of mine, great deal as you would expect from some one like Precious time, Any way it arrives friday, he lets me know he had it but needed resizing and i said i would go round over the weekend to do it, dont worry he said, he was going away for the weekend, ok no problem.

Today he pops into see me at work wearing his new PO, oh i said did you manage to do the strap your self, "No" witha sheepish look on his face and starts to explain. he spent the weekend in Amsterdam and want ed to get the watch on his wrist so searches out a jewlers that does not carry omega, eventualy finds one with no omega in the window, wanders in and asked what it would cost to get a link taken out, 4 euros she saiy and he hands over the watch. now at this point as she takes the brand new PO in the back room he turns round and in his words was " The Bigest display stand in the shop full of Omegas. Oh [censored] he thinks as he stands there and waits for the enevitable, i had told him NEVER take a rep into an AD for work. he thought an non omega AD would be fine.

At 15 mins he is thinking WTF and flee is in his mind

30 min later and the woman comes outof the back room looking red in the face, now you can imagine how red and concerned he was feeling, the lady then appologises for taking a while but PO straps are always hard to take links out.

Please gents and ladys dont do this, learn to do it your self or find a jeweler that is not an AD and is rep friendly, this time he was lucky it could have gone another way! Did she know and was too polite to say so? maybe. but at least we know that Gen POs are hard to take links out of as well.