When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Holy smokes! AM 6263 case on the bay up to $1600

llsteve80

Don't get me wrong here, this isn't really a auction scam thats why I put it in gen discussion. I just find it amusing since we here at RWG and the other forums know we can get similar cases for way less. Just goes to show you how true hobbyists like ourselves have the savvy knowledge of where to get what. I think I can get a DW case like the one in the auction for around $750 without dial. Who knows what the origin of the case in question is anyway. Heck, looking at this, I'd buy some to sell on the bay if I wasn't so paranoid. Knowing my luck I'd get sued by RUSA the 1st time I put one up.

Fun stuff. Ebay item no. 230193088495

Its over soon, we'll see the final value in about 5 minutes.

I don't see anything wrong with this auction, personally, but how do you guys feel about this?

Of course there's nothing wrong with reselling on eBay, as long as the items are accurately described, and the buyers know what they're purchasing. (The auction in question was correctly described as a "replacement" case).

A couple of years ago, you'd see a dozen DW cases at a time on eBay. At first, they sold for close to $1000 each...then, as competition increased, the prices settled down to about $300 each.

Recently, I think that there's been a crackdown on the bay. You rarely see an aftermarket Daytona case set on eBay. Guys like Jensen and DW himself have pulled their listings from eBay, and are now selling directly on iOffer.

I was watching the listed that you referenced. It is clear the the reserve price was $1000: It sat at that price for a few days, and then dropped down to ~$350, when the high bidder withdrew his bid with less than a day left. If you look for the auction now, you'll find that it was removed by eBay.

There's another DW case currently being listed, from a seller in Greece. I'm watching to see what happens to that one.

Edited by avitt

Well it's back, item #230195149435. I see he started it at 1400 this time, a bad move in my opinion. I always start everything at $.99 or 9.99 no matter what. the ebay market value is consistent enough for me. He claims he had to put it back due to stolen account issues. Whatever the deal is, it sure is alot of money for a rep case