When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 027A with 2893-2?

bazonkers

I have a PAM 027A just purchased from River. I always thought these came with a 2892-2 movement. My rotor is engraved with 2893-2. Could it be a 2893 rotor on a 2892 movt. or could it really be a 2893 movt? The power reserve feature works fine. The pic is from an 027A for sale in another forum that has the same rotor I do.

IMGP6476.jpg

If you own this pic and want me to pull it, let me know. I'm trying to get this answer for both of us.

Edited by bazonkers

look for the ETA stamp on the movement there should be the ETA2892-A2 stamped...this last batch from River was the last one that they had in the factory...definitely they've mixed the mvt(2892-A2) with the rotor (2893-2)..they assembled the watches using different spare parts...

Edited by dadog13

You are doing better than I. Mine came with an unengraved rotor but it has a number like 1xx. S0 my conclusion a while ago was that they made 50 or 75 originally complete watches, which was what the folks at Honpo intimated when they originally sold them, and the subsequent ones were made using whatever they had left. I used to be unhappy that my other ones had a very low serial number but now I am grateful. ;)

Back to the point at hand, these are fabulous original movement reps and all but one or two flaws can be fixed to get it to 99%. :D