When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stocks and Shares

TeeJay

I'm looking to buy shares in a company, but really don't know a whole lot about the process of doing so, or how the figures equate to cash prices. Here is the information I've got from the company website, but to me, it is pretty much gibberish. If anyone could 'translate' the figures into something a bit more understandable, I'd be greatfull :)

Last = 109.50

+/- = +23.60

+/-% = 27.47%

Volume = 23,667,525

High = 134.00

Low = 70.70

Previous Close = 85.90

I have a hunch that the share prices, while reported on the radio as less than

Guest watchbuff

Look at the P/E ratio that will tell you how "liquid" they are. Use the MSN stock scouter, that has been pretty good for me? What company is this what is the ticker symbol? PM me if you do not want to burst the bubble.

The last is what it closed at in price

The +/- 23.60 is it's gain

the percentage of gain is the next line

The high and low are usually based on a 52 week cycle, the price variant in the last year to date.

The previous close is what it closed at the last trading session.

Hope this helps

Seems to be surging whatever it is

If those are specs for one day of trading....that's a pretty volatile commodity right now. If you don't know a lot about investing in stocks....something like this could be a real gamble. What's the symbol and where is it traded?

If you just want to know how to buy....open an account with one of the many online brokers. E trade...Schwab....there's lots of them....just look for the lowest fees.

If you're looking to invest...forget individual stocks. No load mutual funds is what you want. A good mix of stocks in growth companies and bonds. Depending on your age.....invest at least 10% of anything you make (you won't even know it's gone unless you're living beyond your means) and before you realize it.....you'll be quite well off.