When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

christmas present for myself

kenmasters

Hi everyone, i'm looking for something special under the tree this year.. heh :) but can't find anything that tempts me right now.. I started with reps not too long ago, but I've managed to collect a bunch of Omegas... so no more Omegas.. Other watches I need to cross out are : brietlings, rolex, HBB. Nothing against them, just not my taste. I wanted to get the IWC Aquatimer, but looks like trouble is still brewing.. plus its quite pricey.. (may get a friend to buy me one in China in the future) Would like to get something under $200US if possible, no greater than 42mm. Any suggestions ?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

I recommend one of those wind-up "Lemania venus" 30-min Chronographs. They are really fun to buy because there are so many makes and models to choose from, it's like car shopping! Not to mention that is one of the most solid and reliable movements currently available in the rep world, I have never read a post reporting a problem with one of those things.

VC, Patek, A Lange & Sohne, Breguet, and so on... you can add complications like moon phases, calendars, or just simple dual-subdial chronographs. 41mm is the standard size and many of them look truly amazing, especially with that complex movement on display. That, and in investment in a nice leather strap and deployant, would be my choice for you. It sounds like after all those sports Omegae you're in need of some class!

Hi everyone, i'm looking for something special under the tree this year.. heh :) but can't find anything that tempts me right now.. I started with reps not too long ago, but I've managed to collect a bunch of Omegas... so no more Omegas.. Other watches I need to cross out are : brietlings, rolex, HBB. Nothing against them, just not my taste. I wanted to get the IWC Aquatimer, but looks like trouble is still brewing.. plus its quite pricey.. (may get a friend to buy me one in China in the future) Would like to get something under $200US if possible, no greater than 42mm. Any suggestions ?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi there,

Why not the TAG Heuer Carrera?Black dial w/ chrono. 41 mm.

Jo

I know TAG isn't on top of many people's list, but I have enjoyed my Aquaracer chrono like no other watch in a long, long time. Very sporty, and the polished center links are the icing on the cake.

Just note that the new day/date version is rather big watch (43mm).

3a1.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for all the choices.. Its a tough call... Coming from the Omega arena, I really like my sporty SMP Chrono.. and my moon watch received a lot of great compliments. I personally enjoy my crappy X-33 rep, but i know its not pleasant to most eyes.. I guess it really boils down to personal preference.

I love those tags.. very sporty, but they are way too similiar to my SMP Chrono and my other Omegas.. I guess they compete for the same market/demographics. I am looking for something different, but still have the same "awe" effect as any of those watches that I may not like so much. Darn it, I may add that HBB back on my list :)

Probably missed some others, but thank you for all the suggestions.. I am also considering a IWC Pilot (the one that everyone seems to adore).. or maybe a PAM, but i hear most of them are super large.. 42mm is probably the biggest I'll go.. I wonder if there are highly desired PAMs that are not so big ?

- VC Overseas: Nice simple elegant watch. Its nicely done esp with a black dial, but it still doesn't stand out to me.. no better than my moon watch

- Cartier Seatimer (pasha?): Nice watch, may consider it some more with further after thought, but not on the top of my list right now

- Cartier Santos 100: ooh.. a square watch.. I always wondered about these watches, I've seem them around. On my top 5 list for sure.

- Chopard GMT Chrono: Nice.. very nice. Nice colours, and very sporty.. Caught my eye..

- IWC Ingenuer: Nice watch.. but i also classify this watch with the VC, simple and elegant, but not an "awe" watch to me.. :(

- TAG Carrera: I like chronos, that's for sure, but this watch reminds me of my moon watch..

- TAG Aquaracer: i like blue/black/silver colours.. definitely a nice theme there.. its on my sporty must have list now !! great too many watches that look so similiar ! :)

Edited by kenmasters

I have a brand new link that i have worn twice and would let go for $150 excluding pp fees and shipping.

Here she is

TAG.jpg

TAG_1.jpg

I also have a ETA SFSO that is missing the pearl on the Bezel. I would let this one go for $200. Normally price $360 nowadays

Cheers

T

I've never understood these posts asking for suggestions on a watch. For starters, if there isn't a watch you can think of that you want, why would you want to buy one at all? It seems that if you're really in the market for a watch, you might already have one in mind that you'd like to buy; otherwise, you're just spending money for the sake of it and won't really care about whatever you purchase. And secondly, after everyone makes a suggestion, the original poster generally thanks them and then makes up his/her own mind on a watch and many times it's not a watch that was recommended by anyone else. (Example: "Thanks for suggesting the Air-King. While I like the look, I think it's just too small for me. I'm going to go with a Sea-Dweller.") No one here can really suggest an appropriate watch for someone else since tastes vary widely and we don't all know each other personally. Why not cut out the middle man and let us know when you've decided on a watch instead of asking everyone else's opinion on their favorites? I'm not mentioning this here to single this post out but I'm just making an observation I first noted several months ago. These threads tend to pop up quite often and I just don't get them. This entire forum is made up of watch suggestions and lists of pros/cons of various models. Why start a thread about something so general when all you have to do is read the forum and make up your own mind? [/soapbox]