When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chrono hand on SMP CHRON0 asian 7750

casanile

Afraid not. What has happened is that the hand has slipped and moved on the stem (or whatever its called). It needs to be removed and reset. With my chronos I make a point of not resetting when the second hand is more than 10 seconds from zero. Sometimes there is just too much torque, and it spins the hand when you reset from half way around the dial.

Afraid not. What has happened is that the hand has slipped and moved on the stem (or whatever its called). It needs to be removed and reset. With my chronos I make a point of not resetting when the second hand is more than 10 seconds from zero. Sometimes there is just too much torque, and it spins the hand when you reset from half way around the dial.

Well, this will be an opportunity to lubricate the mov.

I heard that the 7750 asian comes "dry"

Thanks

Hi guys from newbie!

I have this exact same problem whit my 4 days "old" BCE 7750, heres what it surely is:

A mechanical lever in the movement on a 7750 acts on a heart shaped cam in order to reset the chrono dials, the gears themselves will always return to the same position.

I went to watchmaker and he told that the hand is not slipping, It is the heart shaped cam that slips, and is not fixable.

Mine now every time to different place, (first at 2sec, then at 3sec, and so on..)

Hi guys from newbie!

I have this exact same problem whit my 4 days "old" BCE 7750, heres what it surely is:

A mechanical lever in the movement on a 7750 acts on a heart shaped cam in order to reset the chrono dials, the gears themselves will always return to the same position.

I went to watchmaker and he told that the hand is not slipping, It is the heart shaped cam that slips, and is not fixable.

Mine now every time to different place, (first at 2sec, then at 3sec, and so on..)

Well I can tell you that it surely isn't the reset hammer, your watchmaker is not correct. And he's also not correct that it's not fixable, anything on a watch is fixable, which is why there are watchmakers...

Is your 30 minute subdial hand resetting ok? Yes it is?

If so then consider that the same hammer resets both the 30-minute timer and the center seconds...it either works or it doesn't. In other words, if the 30 minute hand resets correctly, so does the center seconds one reset correctly.

The problem is with the hand itself, as andrew pointed out. I have fixed dozens of them, and it's always the same problem that has been around for 3 years now.

I also suggest you find a new watchmaker, this is an easy simple problem to diagnose and fix, any watchmaker worth his sald should be able to sort this out in a few minutes.

For reference, here is a hand, and here is the fix...

P1010021.jpg

glue1.jpg

gluearea.jpg

P1010020.jpg

RG

Well I will tell you that it surely isn't the hammer...

I suggest you find a new watchmaker...because yours doesn't know what he's talking about.

Is your 30 minute subdial hand resetting ok? Yes.

If the 30 hand is resetting fine...well then consider that the same hammer resets both the 30-minute timer and the center seconds...it either works or it doesn't. In other words, if the 30 minute hand resets, so does the center seconds one.

The problem is the hand, as andrew pointed out. I have fixed dozens of them, and it's always the same problem that has been around for 3 years now, the hand slips...

Understood.

And for sure this happens one week after I changed the crystal... Life sometimes...

Wow, The great The Zigmeister talked to me!

Thank you.

Understood.

And for sure this happens one week after I changed the crystal... Life sometimes...

Wow, The great Ziggy talked to me!

Thank you.

What a shame that you just had access to the hand and could have fixed it...

I certainly don't consider my self anything other than a RWG member and contributor willing to lend a hand.

RG

Thanks Ziggy! You made me happy after what my wacthmaker said..

really liked him though.. haha.. maybe he was just jeaulos to my stunning BCE cause he said its not fixable! ;)

Thank You SIR!

Your welcome.

I think he gave you some BS so you would go away...the pictures I posted show how to fix the hand if you find someone who can do it for you.

I did this particular hand repair 3 years ago, and the hand has NEVER slipped after hundred's of resets.

RG

Your welcome.

I think he gave you some BS so you would go away...the pictures I posted show how to fix the hand if you find someone who can do it for you.

I did this particular hand repair 3 years ago, and the hand has NEVER slipped after hundred's of resets.

RG

I seem to another problem also, the 30-subdial resets, but only counts one minute..

I let in run 3 minutes and it only count to one, I guess the 30-sub hand has the same problem; it slips?

Cheers Rocky