When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

flamemax

You are right about that, you most likely won't find anything 'outside,' you'll have to dig a little deeper for the better quality in KL. Ask the dealers carefully, but then again thats mostly the same everywhere.

everything is at petaling st... mostly cheap reps... but there are a few dealers that have some better reps they dont put out on display...

Hey ahchard, please correct me if I'm wrong... your picture (avatar) is from Magic: The Gathering? I can't remember the card name, but it looks very familiar.

Thanks a bunch for the replies!

Any suggestions as to how to aproach the dealers when asking for the "secret merchandise" ?

Is there any advise available in terms of "whatever you do, don't buy xxxxx ?

How would one spot a dealer who had the "good stuff"

What can one expect to pay for a medium to good quality rep in KP?

Many thanks!

Robb

hey vienna... the avatar i have is a popular picture i think... it is the apocalypse beast in some old drawings or bible i am not sure... the first time i saw it was in red dragon... where he tore the drawing and ate it...

Ah Red Dragon, thats right...Darn... haha

@flamemax

Well its not a secret to those looking to purchase higher quality and willing to spend more money. For example, lets just say you were interested in a PAM 183 and he rips out a piece of crap PAM 183 which is automatic and has a small looking glass in the back and what other crap that your eye spots. Obviously, most of the lesser quality will be upfront, in case of any police confiscation. In that event, their good quality is still secured back in some other warehouse or room.

What I did in Thailand and which worked, was I printed pictures out of the original PAM 183 and showed them to the guy. I said, "look at the original, its a hand wind and not an automatic and doesn't have these horrible extra details. I would like to have some better quality." Of course you need to KNOW that a better quality version of the watch you are looking for exists and that is why you have RWG to do all the research. Don't go there digging and digging, expecting to get reps 99.9% identical to the gens with out any detailed research. Especially if you are not familiar with the best quality of reps these days, how will you know if the watch the dealer is handing you is actually the best version he has? He could just be trying to get rid of his crap stock... So take care and do some advanced research on the watches you want or intend to purchase if found.

Regarding looks, well haha, its all about the asking, could be anyone who sells them. And they probably will not have their good quality stock on them or at their stand, they may either take you some place else, which i find somewhat too risky, or they may get the watch that you want and tell you to come back after sometime, but most often they will try to make your promise to purchase it for a price. The bargaining in my experience usually happens before they get the watch for you, but if you are good enough, you can bargain even more after it comes. Tell him, ohh this is not actually what you are looking for but you like it anyways and are willing to purchase it for a lower price. You know... play around with it. Give it a shot, nothing to lose really.

About price, thats a difficult one. I never bought a rep in KL, someone else will have to help you on that, but I can't imagine a lot more than you can get reps here for. Since i lived in Thailand at the time, I didn't see a point, as Thailand has much more dealers selling reps, for example at MBK, which is where I got my stuff.

Anyways best of luck and let us know what ended up happening! I'd be interested in hearing about your adventure!

Regards,

VW

Vienna,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer!

I hear what you're saying and I only wish it was I who was going.

The thing is, a co worker friend of mine is going, and he is not as versed in reps as I, nor is he as passionate.

Don't get me wrong, he like reps, and the concept, but just does not have it in his blood like most RWG members.

I was hoping for some sort of turn-key information I could give him to make his shopping experience more fluid.

He will prolly be picking something up for me, and himself, and prolly a few more than that.

My goal was to provide him witn information to prevent him form being scammed, and most importantly to keep him from bringing home a

$10 Canal street knockoff and plop it on my desk.

Thanks again!

Hey ahchard, please correct me if I'm wrong... your picture (avatar) is from Magic: The Gathering? I can't remember the card name, but it looks very familiar.

That's not a M:tG card (and I should know - I own a few original M:tG paintings :whistling: ) but it's The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun by William Blake.

http://www.apocalyptic-theories.com/galler...lakedragon.html

blakedragonbg.jpg

Hello All,

I have a friend who will be visiting KL soon and he would like to go watch shopping.

Does anyone know of a prime location within KL.

Anything he should be careful of (scams)?

Any and all advice is much appreciated!!

Robb

Go to Petaling Street...C H Time Watch Store, Lot 61 & 62. Look for Raymond. Tell him Charlie sent u.

All his good stuffs are in metal briefcase.

RG

That's not a M:tG card (and I should know - I own a few original M:tG paintings :whistling: ) but it's The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun by William Blake.

http://www.apocalyptic-theories.com/galler...lakedragon.html

blakedragonbg.jpg

@pugwash

I guess you are right, but I am sure there is a similar picture! I went through half of my M:TG cards and then just got too exhausted to go look further. I've got way too many of these cards. I'm considering selling them, maybe some of my rares will be worth a lot more in a few years.

@flamemax

Ahh I hear ya! Ya in that case it will be difficult. I read somewhere here that someone's friend went to him a watch in Thailand and even after all sorts of explanations, he ended up getting a really crappy Rolex rep... Well best of luck nevertheless!