When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird size

w2w

Given the high price of these new Breitling reps [especially the SS bracelet version coming in at $500] I was going to buy one, because you'd have thought, given the price that they'd be near enough identical to the gen. It was only when I read the stats on the gen that I changed my mind.

The gen's size is 46mm [or 44mm for the Windrider] but the reps [that I've seen] have all been 42.5mm. Now surely when repping a watch that the first thing you should get right is the size of the thing?

Given the high price of these new Breitling reps [especially the SS bracelet version coming in at $500] I was going to buy one, because you'd have thought, given the price that they'd be near enough identical to the gen. It was only when I read the stats on the gen that I changed my mind.

The Gen's size is 46mm [or 44mm for the Windrider] but the reps [that I've seen] have all been 42.5mm. Now surely when ripping a watch that the first thing you should get right is the size of the thing?

\

the BB is 43.70 to be exact the Navitimer GMT is 46 which version are you putting up for your review?

I have a question? how many Breitling reps have you purchase? .. How familiar are you with replications?

if you ever have someone come up to you with a pair of calipers.... Run.... :rolleyes: or if you are trying to resell it as genuine then you may have a problem.. but this is the usual replication flaw.. after all it is a Rep. ... we all strive for the perfect Rep.. it is a hobby for me and most other members.

How many Replications do you own?

Not meaning to sound condescending.. but if you are here to learn then ask questions.. Andrew... is one member to ask... go to the review section if you are a supporter if not subscribe and check it out

You should really ask questions.. because if someone is trying to sell you a BB for 500 USD? then you are being super punked.

and the genuine diameter of a BB is 43.70 to be exact...http://www.breitling.com/en/...........<click there for the tech info from Breitling

Cheers, (been wanting to say that for the lonest.. but brings back memories of my ex wife <_< )

Lanikai

\

the BB is 43.70 to be exact the Navitimer GMT is 46 which version are you putting up for your review?

I have a question? how many Breitling reps have you purchase? .. How familiar are you with replications?

if you ever have someone come up to you with a pair of calipers.... Run.... :rolleyes: or if you are trying to resell it as genuine then you may have a problem.. but this is the usual replication flaw.. after all it is a Rep. ... we all strive for the perfect Rep.. it is a hobby for me and most other members.

How many Replications do you own?

Not meaning to sound condescending.. but if you are here to learn then ask questions.. Andrew... is one member to ask... go to the review section if you are a supporter if not subscribe and check it out

You should really ask questions.. because if someone is trying to sell you a BB for 500 USD? then you are being super punked.

and the genuine diameter of a BB is 43.70 to be exact...http://www.breitling.com/en/...........<click there for the tech info from Breitling

Cheers, (been wanting to say that for the lonest.. but brings back memories of my ex wife <_< )

Lanikai

43.7 as apposed to 44 and you don't want to sound condescending :lol:

Why are you getting all hot under the collar fella? Do you sell these?

oh and..

show me a Blackbird WITH a SS bracelet for a lot less as the only person selling them with this [as of yesterday] was TWP for $498, but according to you he must be "punking poeple" [i've looked again just now and he's reduced it to $438, but it wasn't yesterday] So according to you TWP is ripping people off and I must not know what I'm talking about because I only joined THIS forum a short while ago?

It's not me that needs to take stock and think before poisting is it?

Oh and how many reps do I have? Well I can't see what that's got to do with anything but I'd say 12-15 ETAs [so that must make me an idiot yeah?]

I'm glad I joined this forum now :rolleyes:

Ok >. then I stand corrected.. about your reps, shop around got my BB for a lot less.. not taking anything away from TWP

show us your reps then .. pics? 15 starter set... :D .. jist kidding around man

there are a number of collectors who have the A7750 movement SS bracelet between 300 and 400 but 370 may as well be 400 :lol: .. the A7750 movement is a good movement .. better than the older version.. maybe you should ask who has the best price ... that would help...

just that most of the post ... are from people who really never get any reps but seem to rip apart collectors, and there are members who take a chance on reps .. then write reviews good or bad to inform the membership, even if it's not worth buying.. my apologies for getting"hot"

a lot of the reps are .05 or less ... difference from the genuine in height and thickness.. not a real big deal.. i rather be concerned with the dial , hands, font etc... movement.. go to the dealers review section.. i have a collector that i deal eith .. but to be fair you should read there first then maybe others can chime in.. :D

ok .. I sent you a pm with info about where you can go to find the collectors with prices.. all i am saying is ask the members who have bought the BB's and what kind of price they paid instead of jumping to the conclusion that this is the only price... ..

And I already apologized so .. do you want to dwell on it or get the best price for the BB?.. just loking at your joined date .. this month..so maybe others could guide you to the best prices the collectors etc... a lot of us learned by trial and error.. if that's the route you choose to go.. go ahead.. if you would like to utilize the info and knowledge here.. it's here for you to.

Why do people put one thing in a PM then another on the main board?

Anyway, appology accepted, let's draw a line under this now we both know where we are coming from and neither of us are trying to 'flame' the rep scene

Seriously though, it may be only me, but it's the 42.5mm that put me off buying the BB, whereas if it had been a 44mm rep then I would have gone for it. I cannot understand why, if a watch is going to be 43.7 and 46mm [depending on the version] why they make the rep 42.5mm?

anyone else feel I have a valid point? Or am I being too picky about detail?