When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Cartier Tank Francaise

slojo

Wondering if anyone has seen an actual model of the Cartier Tank Francaise being offered by Joshua Josh's Tank

Are the hands as light as they appear in the pictures? I know that flash photography can do strange things. The hands on the original are dark blue, almost black from certain angles. Apart from this it would appear to be close to 100%.

Any info most welcome.

Thanks

S

I dunno if flash photography means something else.. but I uses flashes for all my shoots and plenty of them.

You use a light tent and diffusers? That's studio photography, not flash photography. :D

Flash photography usually means using the built-in flash on your camera.

/me just uses one or two 40W/60W bulbs, if anyone is interested...

wow, that is odd... the hands on the watch in this pic seem to be a lighter blue than the hands on the watch at carier.com, at least to me... can't cut and paste a pic in though, but it is easy to find.

wow, that is odd... the hands on the watch in this pic seem to be a lighter blue than the hands on the watch at carier.com, at least to me... can't cut and paste a pic in though, but it is easy to find.

It does seem as though lighting affects how the hands look...assuming of course that the one at pacifictime is a genuine :lol:

One other thing I've noticed though is that the numbers on the rep seem to be "thinner" than on the genuine which is possibly more of a giveaway than the hands IMO

I bought the Asian Auto version of Josh's tank a couple of months ago. The hands on this version appear an almost luminous blue in some angles, but black in others. Also, the fonts seem to be thicker than his new version.

When I first got it, I was a little hesitant to wear it since it seemed like such a "girly" watch. It's not tiny, but the shape/size is just a lot different than the usual PAM. Moreover, the design reflects more civility than any sports watch that I own.

This is now one of my favorite watches. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of women like the watch; in fact it's great for picking up chicks (just like my Cartier Santos 100)!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

klaatu00001

I bought the Asian Auto version of Josh's tank a couple of months ago. The hands on this version appear an almost luminous blue in some angles, but black in others. Also, the fonts seem to be thicker than his new version.

When I first got it, I was a little hesitant to wear it since it seemed like such a "girly" watch. It's not tiny, but the shape/size is just a lot different than the usual PAM. Moreover, the design reflects more civility than any sports watch that I own.

This is now one of my favorite watches. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of women like the watch; in fact it's great for picking up chicks (just like my Cartier Santos 100)!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

klaatu00001

That's a Swiss ETA, not Asian Auto. Numbers are better but date is slightly misplaced. Still a nice rep though. And the girls love it :yeah:

That's a Swiss ETA, not Asian Auto. Numbers are better but date is slightly misplaced. Still a nice rep though. And the girls love it :yeah:

You're right about the link. He doesn't have the Asian Auto version listed on his website, but he was able to source me one. Josh is the man!

Did I mention that the chicks dig this watch?

:D