When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD coating service

ajoesmith

As you all may or may not know i have been organizing the B&R PVD coating for members.

It looks like this

BR0392ExcellentPVD4.jpg

BR0392ExcellentPVD1.jpg

The cost would be approx $150 - $170 including micro basting, cleaning and PVD coating.

This includes shipping of parts to the PVD company, back to me and then onto the member.

This is only for parts sent to me, if you want i can accept complete watches, disassemble, send for coating then reassemble. The price would be slightly higher for this.

In all cases I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS BY THE POSTAL SERVICE OR ANY TAX/CUSTOMS ISSUES.

So if members would like this process done please express interest in this thread

How much to disassemble, bead blast a Pam, then reassemble it and ship it back to me? (No PVD)
I've been advised against separating out the PVD and bead blasting processes by a PVD shop. Apparently, the two work hand in hand to produce the right finish, and PVD shops may bead blast to fit their particular PVD process characteristics to achieve the look you want. Better to do it all in one place.ajoesmith, I believe you would have huge interest if your shop can duplicate the PAM PVD color/finish, which they probably can given the nice job they did on the B&R.
How much to disassemble, bead blast a Pam, then reassemble it and ship it back to me? (No PVD)
I've been advised against separating out the PVD and bead blasting processes by a PVD shop. Apparently, the two work hand in hand to produce the right finish, and PVD shops may bead blast to fit their particular PVD process characteristics to achieve the look you want. Better to do it all in one place.ajoesmith, I believe you would have huge interest if your shop can duplicate the PAM PVD color/finish, which they probably can given the nice job they did on the B&R.

I just bought this prototype from Joe. WOW...am I impressed. It looks so much better in person than it did in the pictures. Joe was also great to deal with. I received the watch in the US without any problems.

I will definitely have Joe do some additional watches for me. This is so much better than any of the "PVD" (painted) reps.

I wish you could all have the opportunity to see it in person. It is really worth the extra money.

Thanks again Joe.

"Rower"

Because the majority of PVD coaters are in the tooling industry, it is extremely rare that they're willing and/or able to make adjustments for aesthetics. So once a shop who provides both the appropriate bead blasting and the ability to make color adjustments is found....... Holy Grail. :thumbsupsmileyanim: