When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brand watches with Chineese 7750

chrgod

The supply of genuine ETA 7750 movements on eBay have dried up during the last months.

But, browsing for movements, I came across this one. Apogaum with "7750 movement". I remember it was discussed that it was weird that there were no "Brand-watches" using the Asian 7750... The answer seemed to be that the 7750 is a protected design from ETA, and that the Asian 7750 was only manufactured for use in replicas. ( Unlike the manual Seagull ST-19 chrono which design rights was bought from the Swiss in the 1970ties.)

Well, it seems that the Chineese have done it, and also found a way of selling the surplus watch cases...

Not that bad for 319 USD. Anyone recognize this case and bracelet? ;)

photoa447b.jpg

photoa447f.jpg

Actually, I think it looks rather cool! Like the combined Tachymetre/ Divers bezel. A motor sport Chronograph with Helium release valve.. :lol:

Planet Ocean- but when it comes to Apogaum watches, 'just say no'. I'm out the door right now, but I could tell three horror stories and post pics that would make you think twice about ordering one. Good luck, Arty

No no, I have my share of 7750 chronos, and will never order this one.

However, it is interesting to see how the Asians make their own version on existing designs. The caseback has a touch of Chopard.

No no, I have my share of 7750 chronos, and will never order this one.

However, it is interesting to see how the Asians make their own version on existing designs. The caseback has a touch of Chopard.

Now that you mention it, it does resemble a Chopard caseback- nice observation...Best, Arty