When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jacky Chen Aqua Terra Worth Anything?

squeaker

I have a nice looking stainless Omega Aqua Terra XL with the bright blue markers. I bought it from a TRC member and he said he got it from Jacky Chen. It has a solid seamaster case back and is believed to be an asian auto movt.

I tried finding info on the Jacky Chen stuff, sounds like he used to a pretty regular vendor for some of you guys a couple years ago.

How much is the watch worth realistically? Is it a $50 rep or a $150 rep, will be putting up for sale soon and I don't really know what its worth as I got it part of a trade deal for a vintage EXP2.

I have a nice looking stainless Omega Aqua Terra XL with the bright blue markers. I bought it from a TRC member and he said he got it from Jacky Chen. It has a solid seamaster case back and is believed to be an asian auto movt.

I tried finding info on the Jacky Chen stuff, sounds like he used to a pretty regular vendor for some of you guys a couple years ago.

How much is the watch worth realistically? Is it a $50 rep or a $150 rep, will be putting up for sale soon and I don't really know what its worth as I got it part of a trade deal for a vintage EXP2.

Jacky has stopped selling watches since late 04 or early 05 (you can find more info on him on TRC).

He used to sell both ETA and asian movements.

Is this the watch you plan to sell ??

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/watchnet77/d...0aa.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/watchnet77/d...ce3.jpg&.src=ph

..... if yes, can you provide a pic of the movement ???

Assuming that this is the watch and it is in mint on near mind condition(aprox 3 years watch), you can expect to sell it at:

ASIAN ETA(2892 or 2824) : 110 - 130 USD

STD ASIAN: 60 to 80 USD

ETA (2892 or 2824) new , sells for about 150 to 160 USD (see Aspire or Trusty)

ASIAN new, sells for 100 to 110 USD (see Aspire or Trusty).

If the condition of the watch is average , then reduce above prices by 20 USD.

Of course this is only my opinion, hear others as well.

Edited by AMK000

a new asain auto - $100

a new eta - $170

second hand - based on the condition.

If he stopped selling watches in late 2004 or 2005, how come he has the bad 2006 AP RO Jumbo offered in his photo album?

If he stopped selling watches in late 2004 or 2005, how come he has the bad 2006 AP RO Jumbo offered in his photo album?

B)

Good observation.

He stopped selling watches at TRC at that time. Some also said that he sold his business, so maybe this site belongs to somebody else.

EDITED: Definately watchstation is not Jackie .... maybe I am/was wrong and the watchstation (second link I provided was also mentioned at TRC as Jackie) was never him.

Edited by AMK000

Thanks guys, as usual a wealth of information. The watch is a match to the one in the photos linked above, its a tank, heavy too. I can try to crack the back off tonight to see what the movt. is.

I guess its worth a little more than I thought it was.

B)

Good observation.

He stopped selling watches at TRC at that time. Some also said that he sold his business, so maybe this site belongs to somebody else.

EDITED: Definately watchstation is not Jackie .... maybe I am/was wrong and the watchstation (second link I provided was also mentioned at TRC as Jackie) was never him.

Hard to describe, but you can generally get a sense as to what movemetn it is based on teh "feel" of the winding mechanism... the Asian auto movements are more 'rough' when you wind them... and have a slightly heavier rotor, which you can feel which swirling the watch around in your hand.