When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need some help with Panerai history..

fulanito_uk

Hi i think i will get a Panerai rep (after the tag aquaracer), however after looking at the offical website I see that they have some military links with the Italian navy, my question is did Panerai watches have any link with the Italian Air Force? if so which watch would have been used?

First, LOL at your ID. If you're Fulanito_UK, I'm definitely Fulanita_UK. :lol:

Saying that Panerai had "some military links with the Italian navy" is like saying the British Empire was a bit large -- a major understatement. No less to be expected from a Limey Fulanito, however!

However, you have hit the jackpot, since not only do we have Paneristi here who are well-versed in Panerai history (not I), but we have a member who did his service in the Italian Air Force. If there's anyone who knows, it'll be he.

For the record, I don't think there was any connection between Panerai and the Air Force. In fact, there is no connection between any of the military branches in Italy today, and the hallowed marque.

Recently, there was someone who posted that this was the new watch which had superceded Panerai in the Italian military.

decimamasstrumentoxz221mj8.jpg

No. Those days are over. :)

hxxp://xamas.com/

hehehe Thanks for the fast answer.. i guessed that there were no links in todays world. I was just wondering back in the good old days, which would have been worn by the Italian pilots flying around in their FIAT's with wings?

That's a good question. I look forward to hearing what :sss: and others may say.

If you're interested in military watches in history, as I very much am, please take a peak at my recent "Watches of War" thread. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=323774

Unfortunately absolutely no link between OP and Italian Air Force, on any times (unless you consider it a link OP making lume for military instruments and pointing devices to almost all the Italian Army before and along WWII).

But specifically about OP watches, no link with Italian Air Force, even on air-carried incursor frogmen.

And, as you know, the frogmen who were wearing Radiomirs were all but air-carried... ;)