When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with my Tag carrera!

boxter23

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new here in the forum, 1st post actually. I have a big problem with my carrera. 2 months before I found this forum, I purchased a swiss made tag carrera from Singapore. Everything was very nicely made including the motor, stainless strap, Saphire glass etc, BUT it is supposed to be the Black Sport Carrera with RED arms.

2 months later I noticed that the carrera actually has the orange arms. Imagine the blue or brown carrera back ground and orange arms, now change the background color to black!!

How can I change the dials and arms? Any dealers here willing to do it for me? I will try and get a picture up soon.

Thanks for the help.

" 2 months later, you discovered that the hands were orange, not red!?" :laugh:

Well, I think the most likely solution will be to repaint the chrono hands. The Zigmeister did a nice job for me on the hands of a black/red Carrera.

It is hard to get such spare parts for reps. It seems like most dealers dont want to bother with selling parts, unless you are a good customer.

As stupid as that sounded, I didnt think that the color was off because I ordered a blue one and if compared to a blue tag, its 1:1. lol

What did The Zigmeister do to your black/red? was it repainted to look brighter?

I thought I'd ask anyways, maybe one or two dealers can get these parts for me who knows :)

" 2 months later, you discovered that the hands were orange, not red!?" :laugh:

Well, I think the most likely solution will be to repaint the chrono hands. The Zigmeister did a nice job for me on the hands of a black/red Carrera.

It is hard to get such spare parts for reps. It seems like most dealers dont want to bother with selling parts, unless you are a good customer.

What did The Zigmeister do to your black/red? was it repainted to look brighter?

I thought I'd ask anyways, maybe one or two dealers can get these parts for me who knows :)

I sent my Carrera to The Zigmeister for a movement swap to ETA 7750, and somehow the big Chrono seconds hand got lost (most likely on my side). The Zigmeister sourced a similar hand, which were silver. He did a good job painting it, however if you look closely you can still see that it is repainted.

You can always say it is a custom piece! Actually, black/ Orange sounds kind of cool... Let's see a picture! :smile:

I sent my Carrera to The Zigmeister for a movement swap to ETA 7750, and somehow the big Chrono seconds hand got lost (most likely on my side). The Zigmeister sourced a similar hand, which were silver. He did a good job painting it, however if you look closely you can still see that it is repainted.

You can always say it is a custom piece! Actually, black/ Orange sounds kind of cool... Let's see a picture! :smile:

No doubt this watch is a nice piece and its swiss because it felt so solid! Check out the pic, I've yet to take without too much flash exposure.

Pic was taken when brand new and the saphire still covered in plastic hence the reflection.

post-8438-1196904256_thumb.jpg

No doubt this watch is a nice piece and its swiss because it felt so solid! Check out the pic, I've yet to take without too much flash exposure.

Pic was taken when brand new and the saphire still covered in plastic hence the reflection.

post-8438-1196904256_thumb.jpg

It is well made, but it is not swiss!

How do you know its not swiss without looking at the motor?

How do you know it is Swiss by looking at the rotor? They reproduce the markings on the rotor and all in China now days. All the the reps I have ever seen are made in China. Some may have Swiss movements, but they are all Chinese. I am 99.9999 percent sure that yours is made in China and has the Chinese 7750 movement in it.

Think about it, the Swiss are VERY proud of their fine watches. How long do you think a factory making fakes would last over there? It would seriously damage the economy.

• 10 months later...

It seems there was a mix up at the factory (in china) on that day cos the orange chrono hand and subdial colour should only be on the brown dial/bezel carrera

and i think the blue dial carrera too. There is 2 black dial models, one is the tachy racing (red chrono hands and silver lining on the subdials) and one is the non racing black carrera (silver subdials and silver chrono hands).

Go to the Tag website you can see them all there.

I would try to source another carrera on the cheap maybe used, and swap the pieces you need to make it accurate.

In terms of the solid feeling and weight of the carrera case, the reps are the real deal. Infact if you closed your eyes and put one in each hand you would probably not be able to tell the difference.

So get yourself the correct dial and hand colour combinations and a ETA movement swap with correct date font, swap the rotor from the rep (cos it has the correct Tag engraving and is interchangable as its also a 7750) As tag do no modifying to the 7750 ETA eubache in the carrera and you have a gen minus the paperwork and box!

its worth the money and time if you can afford it as you will enjoy wearing it with pride.

Goodluck.

It seems there was a mix up at the factory (in china) on that day cos the orange chrono hand and subdial colour should only be on the brown dial/bezel carrera

and i think the blue dial carrera too. There is 2 black dial models, one is the tachy racing (red chrono hands and silver lining on the subdials) and one is the non racing black carrera (silver subdials and silver chrono hands).

Go to the Tag website you can see them all there.

I would try to source another carrera on the cheap maybe used, and swap the pieces you need to make it accurate.

In terms of the solid feeling and weight of the carrera case, the reps are the real deal. Infact if you closed your eyes and put one in each hand you would probably not be able to tell the difference.

So get yourself the correct dial and hand colour combinations and a ETA movement swap with correct date font, swap the rotor from the rep (cos it has the correct Tag engraving and is interchangable as its also a 7750) As tag do no modifying to the 7750 ETA eubache in the carrera and you have a gen minus the paperwork and box!

its worth the money and time if you can afford it as you will enjoy wearing it with pride.

Goodluck.

Thanks for bumping an ancient thread, but Tag does engrave and "cut out" some sections on the rotor so a stock 7750 will still be singled out as a rep by viewing the back.