When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help with Mont Blanc Pen

alant

Hi dear all, I got a Mont Blanc pen from one of the dealers here. The ink ran out thus I went to get a genuine Mont Blanc rollerball ink refill but it could not be fitted into the pen. I'm like only able to screw it in 1/3 way and could not screw it in fully thus I can't use the pen now. May I know do you all faced such similar issues? And how do you all resolve it? Hope I need not throw away the pen... Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi dear all, I got a Mont Blanc pen from one of the dealers here. The ink ran out thus I went to get a genuine Mont Blanc rollerball ink refill but it could not be fitted into the pen. I'm like only able to screw it in 1/3 way and could not screw it in fully thus I can't use the pen now. May I know do you all faced such similar issues? And how do you all resolve it? Hope I need not throw away the pen... Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Gen Mont Blanc refills sometimes do not fit the rep pens.

I wrote this in my "Pen in Pics" review, when I first got Narikaa's MBs:

"For those interested, each of the rollerball pens in this review uses a Medium Mont Blanc 710 refill cartridge. Given the other members' complaints about refills not fitting rep pens, I'd use caution though. I believe a Uniball medium fit most of the rollerballs."

Try that, Alant. Good luck!

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the advice.

No problems, Alant. You know these threads draw me like honey.

May I know is the Uniball you mentioned a brand or a certain series of a brand? If it's a brand, may I know which model should I look out for? And is it readily available? Thanks.

Uniball is itself the brand you should ask for, in say, Pearl's (I go to Pearl's, an arts-and-crafts chain in the US, to get all my refills).

Medium Uniball (rollerball). It helps if you take your pen and have the attendant change it for you. They may have a spare open package, and you won't have to pay to do so.

Worked for me, anyway. :)