When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

brown nosing noob - re: valjoux 72

fijikid

OK, while I'm not big on brown nosing, I do owe something to this forum for helping me find my first rep. I know the Daytona freaks are always looking for V72 movements and I'm sure you've all seen this, but here's a link anyway. Certainly not cheap, but playing the vintage Daytona game well just isn't.

enicar sherpagraph

interesting find. have v72's gotten that expensive? i felt like they could be had for cheaper...

deltatahoe

Probably - but sometimes you just gotta get 'em while you can. This movement is unfortunately housed in a very rare vintage Enicar. The collector of such a watch would be aghast at the thought of harvesting it's organs for a rep. Aghast I tells ya!!!

This (the watch on my wrist, not the one in the book)cultwatch1.jpg

got its innards from a mint condition ENICAR SHERPA GRAPH VALJOUX 72 that cost me $1,200 several months ago (sorry Avitt).

And on a more positive note...........

This

Flytimer-wristshotfirstday.jpg

will soon be re-appearing in future wrist shot days.

And, yes, V72-powered watches are, with a rare exception or 2, now routinely selling for between $1k and $2k. I predict that as more V72-powered frankens make their way onto ebay, the value of these movements may soon double or triple. So if you think it is expensive to construct a Franken-tona now...........