When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Asian 7750 (white/black/silver Dials)

crystalcranium

I returned my Omega SMP diver chrono to josh because of mechanical issues but I have decided to not exchange it for another. Simply put, it just looked too fake. The distortion from the coke bottle thick crystal just screamed rep to me. Thanks to By-Tor for his extensive review of Omega reps. I have decided to get the Speedmaster Broad Arrow with blue hands and markers. Yes it does have the infamous asian 7750 in it but I figure I just got a screwy 7750 in the SMP so the odds Gods might just be with me this time. This watch is gorgeous and the review states it's very close to the genuine. I'd like to get some opinions from other owners out there. I also want to thank RWG for saving me the headaches from buying a VC Overseas which was the next target in my crosshairs. There was a recent thread about terrible bracelet problems.

I returned my Omega SMP diver chrono to josh because of mechanical issues but I have decided to not exchange it for another. Simply put, it just looked too fake. The distortion from the coke bottle thick crystal just screamed rep to me. Thanks to By-Tor for his extensive review of Omega reps. I have decided to get the Speedmaster Broad Arrow with blue hands and markers. Yes it does have the infamous asian 7750 in it but I figure I just got a screwy 7750 in the SMP so the odds Gods might just be with me this time. This watch is gorgeous and the review states it's very close to the genuine. I'd like to get some opinions from other owners out there. I also want to thank RWG for saving me the headaches from buying a VC Overseas which was the next target in my crosshairs. There was a recent thread about terrible bracelet problems.

The date window on the Broad Arrow rep is killing me, I just can't stand it.

Otherwise a damn fine watch.

I've had a Broad Arrow (7750) for about 8 months now. Pretty much wear it everyday for work and haven't had a single problem with it, the bracelet's fine and it keeps pretty good time - on a bad day it can gain as much as 10 minutes but it's usually OK.

I'd reccommend it to anyone. It's a great looking watch and at a good price too.

Good choice Crystal. I have one that has a manual wind without the date. The only thing wrong with this rep (not noticiable unless you hold it close and study it) Is the Omega logo, date window is deeper and shorter than gen. Wear it proudly, you got one of the best rep there.

Good choice Crystal. I have one that has a manual wind without the date. The only thing wrong with this rep (not noticiable unless you hold it close and study it) Is the Omega logo, date window is deeper and shorter than gen. Wear it proudly, you got one of the best rep there.

Ehmmm you forgot the worst one: subdial spacings.

Ehmmm you forgot the worst one: subdial spacings.

Yeah I know but the dial spacing is something I had a hard time picking up even on close examination. Like all of us rep nuts, I find the crooked line in our reps and soon enough, that's all I can see. Good thing about the Speedy is that they produced about 5000 variations over the years so even an Omega collector might be hard pressed to challenge its' authenticity. From Josh's photos, it's a beautiful piece.

Good thing about the Speedy is that they produced about 5000 variations over the years so even an Omega collector might be hard pressed to challenge its' authenticity. From Josh's photos, it's a beautiful piece.

Yeah, that's true. :)

I keep considering dial spacings the worst and most obvious issue but that's just my opinion. :)

Regarding the movements in these particular Omegas..

I know that reliability is getting better, or was never as bad as the general consensus,... however

my dealers have been giving me the inside scoop, {unless these broad arrows have recently

enjoyed a movement upgrade to the new East 7750,..} that they have a higher than average

failure rate...

Heard it through the grape vine.... -_-