When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cc As Mode Of Payment

HighDef

Use a one time use CC. Set a purchase limit and expire date.

I will never give out my real cc number.

This would be a better option. You can get a gift debit card from your bank and use that for your purchase instead of your real CC.

Much safer. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This would be a better option. You can get a gift debit card from your bank and use that for your purchase instead of your real CC.

Much safer. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks guys I am going to do this one. A gift debit card. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a low limit credit card... don't really want a high limit and all that temptation.

Problem is dealing in dollars... the credit card company will stick a stupid conversion rate and I'll end up paying even more :wounded1:

I would much rather use my cc than any other method. The ultimate security IMO is a cc. The cc company goes with the customer 99.9% of the time when a problem arises. I have had my cc number used fraudulently two times...no skin off my back...the cc company takes the debt off the account and issues a new cc number.

Silix is a trend setter with cc...I hope other dealers follow suit because paypal sucks balls.

Well ..... paying with CC over the net is not a very clever thing to do.

Many of the CC cards (Visa , Master Card etc..) they will not refund your money back in case of a fraud or stolen cc number.

In other words you are not cover for internet payments if something goes wrong.

At least that's the way it is in my part of the world ... and I guess in all countries in Europe.

The only CC that does that - gives you net protection (even on its simplest and cheapest version - BLUE) is AMEX.

I have a low limit credit card... don't really want a high limit and all that temptation.

Problem is dealing in dollars... the credit card company will stick a stupid conversion rate and I'll end up paying even more :wounded1:

If you're using Visa or MasterCard, my experience in Europe is that they usually apply the Interbank conversion rate, which is always extremely reasonable (within 1 percent of the exchange rate on the date of purchase-. I've never had any problems with getting hit with additional charges or exaggerated dollar-euro exchange rates.

Do some enquiries at your bank and with your credit card company to lfind out what the situation is where you live....

I am not concerned about credit card fraud. You have 100% protection in US, especially with Amex.

The biggest issue is identity theft. I have seen people suffered from identity theft and the their credit reports are ruined.

Scammers could have used your identity to get a new credit card. You just won't notice if you don't check your credit report frequently. It is a big hassle to dispute your credit report.

I don't even use my billing address as my shipping address. I don't think our dealers will sell our information, but you just never know how safe these websites are.

Better safe than sorry.

FYI: you can get free credit report here:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Here in the US, by law, last I checked, you could only be out a maximum of $50 if your card is stolen. Some banks take it a step further.

Also, in my experience, disputing a charge was much easier with a credit card than a debit card. I try to always make purchases with my credit card if possible, even when using Paypal.

Before a year i was working on a big project implementing an internet payment gateway with a uk software company and a very big Greek bank.

This project made me know very well the current legislation that Master Card and Visa apply to all the transactions.

They have a 2 tier categorization ,

1 Carldholder is present and doing the transaction phsysicaly

2 the cardholder is not present and the transaction is beeing done electonicaly.

Both categories must have Cardholders Signature, and if the second category applies then a photocopy of the back and front of the card along with amount and signature must be sent to the merchant that charges the CC.

If any dispute arises the merchant must provide this info or a charge back is issued.

This is very strict i have filed several charge back requests and my demands have fullfiled 100% with master card and Visa.

I use my credit card number all the time and i am afraid nothing. Every merchant that do not follow this policy (asking for photocopy with amount and signature) is open to dispute and eventualy to return the money if no money exist on the merchants' bank account the bank returns th money and takes legal action over the merchant.

People that are afraid have no knowledge on the Legislation or the watch to much TV..

John

I made dozens transactions on the internet with my CC and I never had any single problem.

Only one time I got partially scammed, by a legit company (Glare Busters), and the CC Company (VISA) refunded me to my full appointment.

But I have also to add that, for the sake of my mind and heart peacefulness, I keep my CC on an almost empty bank account that I refill on a monthly basis just with the needed money spent on the last month.