When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ah! help me...

tazzman

Hey all.

A package sent with fedex got caught up in the customs (sweden) .. normally I always gets my watches by reg. airmail but josh did something wrong this time and it was sent with fedex..

Now after 10+10 days I get a mail from AWAPATENT that says "If you not comply with these rules.. destruction of watch + never import, sell watches marked with omegas trademark" we will proceed with legal (sues) and police-"something"..

So, what is my choices? I have to confirm that the watch is a replica and agree to destruct it! Or I will be suied... not good choices!!

ANyone been in this situation ??

/M

While it is, technically, not legal to purchase or own contraband goods (like replica watches that bear a trademarked name), it is outright illegal to sell or distribute them and most countries often do attempt to take legal action against the sellers/shippers (due to the costs to bring the suit, they often only do so when a large number of watches are confiscated). So I suspect the letter you received is more of a formality sent out to scare the buyer and, hopefully, get him/her to stop buying more contraband goods (like replica watches). But I do not know the laws in Sweden and they may differ from those of other countries. So it is probably a good idea to see if you can find out what the law is regarding the purchase of replica watches in Sweden. 2 ways to do that are to check with a lawyer or search google. In fact, you might even search google for the text of the letter you received (be sure to enter it into google's search box exactly as it appears in the letter). Chances are that other people received the same letter and posted stories of what they did and what, if any, the repercussions were.

Hey all.

A package sent with fedex got caught up in the customs (sweden) .. normally I always gets my watches by reg. airmail but josh did something wrong this time and it was sent with fedex..

Now after 10+10 days I get a mail from AWAPATENT that says "If you not comply with these rules.. destruction of watch + never import, sell watches marked with omegas trademark" we will proceed with legal (sues) and police-"something"..

So, what is my choices? I have to confirm that the watch is a replica and agree to destruct it! Or I will be suied... not good choices!!

ANyone been in this situation ??

/M

Say