When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ti chrono Avenger bezel...

PAMman

I have a series 1 Ti chrono Avenger and the bezel is slightly loose. It does not sit snugly down onto the case but is raised up by the pressure from the spring underneath. Has anyone else had this problem and found the solution? How is the bezel removed from the case?....I'm wondering if the screws around the edge really are threaded screws and if they hold the bezel in place. I don't want to loosen them if they are purely cosmetic and perform no function at all.

Any experience on resolving this issue - I love the watch but would love to get the bezel fitting the same as my Steelfish. I would be prepared to buy a genuine bezel (if I could find one) if it would fit better. All assistance appreciated.

I am of no help except to say the screws do not do anything on the chrono avenger. There have been a few members who have replaced the rep bezel with a gen so at least you know it is possible. I do remember the bezel is press fit so you are going to have to risk "pulling it off". I have a super avenger gen bezel waiting for the day when I find an old school super avenger. Try pm'ing Discovery110 I think he did it on either an Avenger or Super Avenger.

• 2 weeks later...
Before tearing your bezel off, try dental floss, :blush: no honestly give it a go.

Yep, that will actually work! The screws are purely cosmetic, leave them. Pop the bezel off by sticking a knife edge underneath and rotating gently. Then, wrap dental floss around the watch, underneath the spring. You'll probably only need 2-3 winds. Put the spring over the dental floss and pop the bezel back on.

Oh, and the gen bezel doesn't fit, I've tried it. <_<