When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 93150 with gen 501B Endlinks

bruce79

Hi all, I just recieved a MBW 93150 bracelet with gen 501B endlinks and sat down last night expecting to spend 30 minutes to an hour fitting it to my franken 16800 (tw case). Those of you who have spent countless hours fiddling with bracelets and trying to get the endlink/spring bar lined up with the lug holes know what I mean. Well after sliding the gen spring bars into the endlink/bracelet with surprising ease (and absolutely no modifications), I lined up the bracelet to the bottom of the lugs and prepared to go to battle.

What happened next was something I have never experienced and honestly never thought I would. I heard two sounds that normally come after what seems like an eternity of cursing and torture...and a couple beers. Those wonderful beautiful sounds were "click...click" and they came so close together that one had to have quite the discerning ear to make out that they were separate clicks and not just one. I was stunned and checked the outside of both lugs to convince myself I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough, the ends of the spring bars were both clearly visible through the lug holes and sat higher than they ever had before, just like the gen. It was a perfect fit!!!

Immediately thinking this was a fluke and that the other side would surely bring me agonizing torment, ten fold, I proceeded expecting the fight of the century but to my disbelief, "click...click" was all that occurred. Again, a perfect fit.

I was just completely blown away and attempted to tell my wife (don't laugh) but she just couldn't grasp the significance. So here I sit sharing my experience with you because it's only you that would understand. :rolleyes: I'll get some pics up soon but unfortunately no wrist shots because to my utter disappointment, the bracelet is too small and another link is needed to allow a fit to my large wrist. If anybody has an extra hollow link lying around doing nothing, shoot me a pm so that I may be complete. ;) Thanks

Very cool. Interesting story...I can relate it to my own experience right now, as I have a pair of gen 580 endlinks for a SeaDweller that I want to install.

I figured this would be relatively easy- but when I detatched the bracelet from the case and started to try to separate the rep endlink from the springbar, I aborted the operation and decided I wasn't ready for any problems since I just got the watch. I found that the tube for the springbar on the interior of the endlink was pretty much tearing when I tried to separate it.

Is it worth it to consider destroying the rep endlinks in order to be able to swap them out? I figure if this is what I'm considering, I should turn it over to The Zigmeister or some watchsmith.

What's the MBW bracelet quality like? I'm not sure what bracelet is on my SD, but it's very nice... excellent 93150 engraving and buckle.

I figured this would be relatively easy- but when I detatched the bracelet from the case and started to try to separate the rep endlink from the springbar, I aborted the operation and decided I wasn't ready for any problems since I just got the watch. I found that the tube for the springbar on the interior of the endlink was pretty much tearing when I tried to separate it.

Is it worth it to consider destroying the rep endlinks in order to be able to swap them out? I figure if this is what I'm considering, I should turn it over to The Zigmeister or some watchsmith.

Those little tubes on the inside of the end links don't really matter much and actually need to be removed when fitting gen bars anyway. I removed them on my rep 580 end links so that they could accept gen bars. The gen end links should be fine though and they accept gen bars.

Bruce, I can totally relate, specially with the SEL bracelets. The non-SELs are a cake walk in comparison.

It takes a great deal ot time and perseverance to finally get the darn SEL bracelet to perfectly line up with the drilled lugs when installing gen spring bars. If anyone thinks their work is basically done when the lugs are finally drilled, they have a little surprise waiting. :ohmy:

I couldn't agree more, that "click, "click" sound is magical! :sun: