When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Return Shipping Issues

rgriffith24

Don't know if this was asked before but I have a general question regarding watches I returned. I have had problems with 2 watches over the past month. One from Trusty and the other from Josh. Both were very helpful and gave instructions for returning. These are the first instances where I had to return watches. (Both watches were for my wife, doesn't help getting her to buy into the program regarding this hobby!) Anyway, The 1st watch was returned to Trusty. His instructions were followed, but he was not specific regarding the type of shipping to use, so I asked the USPS counter person for help. I was told I couldn't get a tracking number for general shipping. I had to send it regular mail and fill out a customs form, which I did with glee, She stated that it could be tracked that way, (SUCKER??). That was on the 20th of November. As of the 15th of December Trusty has not yet received it and the post office could not determine its status, as they said they could. I think it got mailed into a black hole. What do you all think? The 2nd watch went back to Josh. He advised me to mail it by air mail and forward the tracking number. I went to another Post Office and asked the counter person if this could be done, knowing what I was told by the first rocket scientist. Lo and behold I can get a tracking number and proceeded to follow Josh's instructions and returned it by air mail (with a tracking number and without filling out a customs slip!). Although the watch has not moved after 5 days, (still only indicating received by the Post Office, I can at least track it. Now the questions:

1. Do you think I'll ever see the 1st watch again?

2. Is it normal to have the package sit around for so long without moving, or do you think its just because of the Holidays?

Any information and / or experiences for future reference would be helpful. THANKS!!!

there is another thread with the same issue.. but for your piece of mind ..seems like all the postal clerks have their own interpretation of the postal service.. i was told the other day that I could not mail watches express.. got back in line ans saw a clerk that knows me.. and it was done.. that was to go to Ziggy.

when i send watches back to Josh.. it goes registered air..no tracking.. it takes about 10 business day's .. not a problem.. it gives the history when it arrives in china.. never sent with tracking.. all in all it takes about a month to go and come back.

REMEMBER this is the time of year when everything slows down!!

And when it arrives in china ... they are not real swift in getting it through their customs.. but it has never been a problem.. as long as you follow the guidelines when declaring.. if the postal worker 'test" you and gives you a commercial slip .. that is the wrong one.. just declare it as 10 usd sample gift on the green customs slip.. no more and do not insure it for what you paid for it..

I just email the registered number to the collector.. someitmes it takes a little over 2 weeks for it to arrive in China.. again it's that time of year..

no worries it's all Good

lani