When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Guides?

Guest HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

Hey all,

I was looking around and there is no general Panerai guide like there are for Rolex..etc. I think it would be nice for people new to Panerai that dont understand all of the rage over these watches (like me) to have a nice little guide with some history and the different watches and why they are so special.

Thanks,

Halo

Its true, the PAM forum needs a rep guide. I would do it, but I know nothing about PAMS ! I just heard about them maybe 2 months ago ! :D

PAMS apparently are the 2nd most talked about watches on this forum. Check out the post count. Rolex is #1, PAM is #2. Nothing else comes close !

So who wants to be a hero ? I don't think By-Tor is in to PAMs... :D

Ok, I think I have to make it clear.

I am a PAM fanatic, with all the official OP catalogues since 2002, and a PAM rep fanatic since a few years ago, with 3000+ posts on the different forums and 20+ PAM reps.

I used to periodically distil and condense everything I know about PAMs (not reps) on an excel spreadsheet that I honestly think it is unequalled for the amount of info concentrated in such a small room.

I used to post it here, but recent happenings drove (and they are still driving) me out of here.

If you are interested, you may find it elsewhere. Go there and make a search for "PAM spreadsheet".

The latest version is 4.0. I recommend you download that version, no previous versions, as I added tons of new info and had a few bugs fixed.

P.S.: That is not a pictorial guide. Any single PAM reps of any given PAM models, and even different reps of a same PAM model by different producers, have their very special pros and cons.

On almost 300 genuine PAM models, I could not do any better.

...so far, at least.