When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Review of Breitling World GMT

deemaster

Okay, here's a quick review of my new Navitimer World GMT from the usual places and current model as of December 2007. I'd first like to say all the great things about this watch before I point out the negatives... I don't want to sound like I'm bashing it because it's fantastic and best of all... has saved me four grand!

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

I own a few gens and this is my first rep. This comes with a lot of apprehension because the best part of wearing my gens is knowing what's inside the timepiece... it's history... the quality... the fact that I can pass it down to the kids and so on. However, I'm pretty much the only person who gives a crap so with a little apprehension... I bought a rep. So far it's been really awesome wearing it but I do have a legitimate fear that I'll run into someone like myself... and they will... with a Keene eye... tell it's a fake. I have a few clients that I would not wear this watch in front of because the chances would be 50/50. HOWEVER, that's probably just me being paranoid. I honestly don't see how any laymen or non-Breitling owner could tell the difference. If I had the goaties to do it, I'd stroll into my Breitling dealer and give it a spin. In fact... so long as I've gone this far it's a shame I'm not a professional slide-of-hand... I've have this in a gen. (kidding)

Some of the first things I'd like to talk about is the AR or lack there of. To be honest, it' doesn't bother me. It could use it but I'm glad it didn

post-9735-1198037956_thumb.jpg

Check the photos below and you might be able to see the tiny gap created when I push up on the slide dial (white) and push down on the slide dial in picture 2. Tiny... but there. Also, when you flick the rim, it creates a hollow sound...

My Navi GMT has the same problem and I thought it had to be sent to an expert to be fixed.

But if it is a "manufacturer defect" then I am OK... :D

Any other GMT owner who has the same problem?

No, it doesn't have a screw down crown. You usually find these in dive watches...

Nice review. One question I have is with mine the crown you pull out to set the time and date doesnt turn tight, Meaning it continues to spin when it is pushed back in. Does the gen do this or does it spin tight to a close???

very well done review deemaster :victory:

i've ALMOST gotten the navi gmt several times (including once where i almost picked up a gen dial for it), but for whatever reason just haven't been able to push myself over the edge on this one. after reading your review it might have to go back on the (long) list :g:

deltatahoe

very nice review. I also have this model and can set the GMT hand by pulling out the crown to the date change and turning the opposite way you'd normally change the date. It's an impressive watch and, as you've said, unless someone really knows their breitilings, it will be indistinguishable from the Gen.

Enjoy it!

I noticed one more thing tonight. When the chronograph is running the 30 second sub-dial (top dial) flips to the next minute at 4 seconds till instead of right at the top of the minute. Not too big of a deal but again... this would be a huge no no before it left a Breitling factory. That's about the third or fourth thing that could easily be caught with a little more quality control... come on China, don't stop at 98%. I do however refer to China as "98%" in general conversation because that seems to be the top of their standard. AWSOME TOY... awww... lead paint... crap!

The large second hand does sweep just a smooth as any Valjoux or ETA movement on the market... so way to go China and your reverse engineering department!

I'm also STOKED that I can change my 24 hour hand... thanks a million robertk. That saves me the huge expense of moving to Alaska!!!