When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

panerai 28 pvd

Guest lolos

Uh, oh...Kye Lin's after it...no soup for the rest of us mortals :)

Kye dude, leave some stuff for the rest of us to pick - you're killing all the fun ! Ha, ha...

babola

Hey babola..

I need to get myself a christmas present... this looks pretty good... just need to make sure that it has the 2893 power reserve mvt...

You got a pretty good PAM collection too....

K

Hey babola..

I need to get myself a christmas present... this looks pretty good... just need to make sure that it has the 2893 power reserve mvt...

K

No worries mate, had to joke a little :)

BTW, I thought you amassed quite a few so called "Christmas presents" already, LOL!

Edited by babola

Well it is 2893. There is no ETA or Asian alternative for 2893-2 GMT configuration. What you do want to know is whether the movement and spacer are decorated appropriately. If the movement has the infamous mis-spelling and the spacer has both the perlage and the holes you are assured of getting a watch with the first batch of Honpo dials. I believe it was a run of either 75 or 100 but not all sold by Honpo. That dial has spot on true to gen hobnail finish. A number of us believe that that particular version came from the same or an equally quality dial manufacturer. Later versions have an inferior dial. As I am participating in a 28 project with a couple of other forum members we have had the benefit of being able to compare the dials from various versions. The same was true on the 2892 GMT's.

Hey babola..

K

I dan near pulled the trigger on this, but would have wanted to install an OEM PVD crown and keep the jimmy CG but, alas, no can do because of the lever shaving done to make it work w/ the palp...but if you like the fat crown I can tell you from just having a finepics PVD's watch in my hand that the PVD is very nice. For now, my SS 28 will remain in watchbox prison until I can find a decent PVD shop to set it fee... :lol:

I did the side by side on the dial that kruzer is talking about and there is clearly a difference in the original "honpo" version dial (kruzer's) and the later version (mine). I'm convinced that Honpo sought out the Chinese factories that produce parts for Swiss companies, or at least factories that are head and shoulders above the "typical"rep factories.