When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Long Lost 009 - oops 004

Watchmeister

Another project started quite a while ago. So long ago that I can't remember where I got the case, dial or movement from. PVD was done by Finepic's resource when he still did watches. Of course I nicked it the first day I wore it. Other attributes include Jimmy CG and one of the very rare first generation Palp 2.0's. And as for the strap, if you have to ask...

If anyone has any ideas for a dial upgrade let me know. I truly can't remember where this one came from.

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

And next year's long term project - the 28A.

Thanks for the kind words. The PVD was certainly the best when it was done more than a year ago. I had forgotten Finepics had the parts. It was a very pleasant surprise when I found out I had enclosed the Jimmy and the Palp crown when I sent it to him. In truth I think Rolli's person has improved on the PVD. I have actually had three different folks contact me about interest in selling it. Thanks for the interest but I am going to keep it for a while.

Thanks for the kind words. The PVD was certainly the best when it was done more than a year ago. I had forgotten Finepics had the parts. It was a very pleasant surprise when I found out I had enclosed the Jimmy and the Palp crown when I sent it to him. In truth I think Rolli's person has improved on the PVD. I have actually had three different folks contact me about interest in selling it. Thanks for the interest but I am going to keep it for a while.

w/ that caseback it looks like it would be a perfect candidate for Davidsen's pre-A dials if they ever appear. Sure it wouldn't be exact, but who has all the case/CG variations memorized?

Nice one K,

the dial is second generation rep sausage Marina dial, you'll recognize it by L Swiss L sitting a tad closer to the bottom of number 6 - but very nice, nevertheless. It still has a bit of a groove around the indices, although slightly less than generation 1.

The caseback is DSN pre-A. He copied it directly off the Maurits' "pre-A PAM" write-up in archives on Paneristi web site, and it's one of the nicest casebacks made by his case maker, IMO.

Wear it in good health,

babola

I'll agree that Rolli's person has improved on the PVD, but this still looks great. The bead blasting is absolutely flawless on this one.