When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Modern Sub Has The Best Datemag/font

sonystyle

Ive narrowed it down to either

Andrew

ROLSUB0001 - Rolex Black Submariner SS - Swiss ETA

Josh

RLSS10001 SS Black Dial ( Classic ) Swiss Eta 2836-2

Precious Time

New Rlx Submariner - Ultimate Version

Prices range from 188 to 260 USD.

Id like to keep it for a while so I dont mind paying a bit more, so to speak... Im not that picky about CrownGuards, or minor text flaws, but Id really like the best Cyclops/Mag Align/ 2.5x or 3x with a correct date font.

I know all the above dealers are super :thumbsupsmileyanim: but Id like to get a Sub soon, so any comments to push me one way or the other would be much appreciated, or else it looks like a coin-toss.

Many thanks.

I would say the 2 not on your list

TW classic from Eddie Lee

MBW from luckyyy

Thanks, I will check them out. I couldnt really find a webpage for Mr Eddie Lee - Does he have one ? Other than the PhotoShow.Net site ?

I did look at the Eddie Lee Sub on the Sales Corner here

(http://www.replicacollector.com/members/index.php?showtopic=19466)

but the font looked pretty thick so I took it off my list (- must have been just a bad pic.) However I will look into this model more now, thanks.

And does Luckyyy sell Modern Subs ? I thought that his well regarded specialty was for vintage models of SDs... but from all I read his watches are always rated very well.

Best regards!

Edited by sonystyle

I just received TW Classic sub used from Pelotudo on the boards. The quality is significantly better than the current lot of ETA's. Is it "perfect". Nope. Can it use some mods? Sure. What rep. can't, I ask?

But, out the box it's real nice, especially considering what Craytonic said about the laser etching.

I think that it's the best overall value, in a bang for the buck way. You get good customer service, a heavy Folex, accurate crystal thickness, decent magnification (close to gen), finest rehaut...and...

according to Eddie Lee, made by OEM Rlx manufacturer (case/crystal) from 90's. (to me it matters not b/c it's a great watch).

I just received TW Classic sub used from Pelotudo on the boards. The quality is significantly better than the current lot of ETA's. Is it "perfect". Nope. Can it use some mods? Sure. What rep. can't, I ask?

But, out the box it's real nice, especially considering what Craytonic said about the laser etching.

I think that it's the best overall value, in a bang for the buck way. You get good customer service, a heavy Folex, accurate crystal thickness, decent magnification (close to gen), finest rehaut...and...

according to Eddie Lee, made by OEM Rlx manufacturer (case/crystal) from 90's. (to me it matters not b/c it's a great watch).

Eddie has always been my favorite dealer so this is not calling him a liar or anything. But, it seems if the mfg made the case then, the CGs would be perfect now? Perhaps they lost those particular toolings or cut costs or something... ? Perhaps they upgraded and lost them. Don't know much about mfg process, but I bet lots of changes happen.

Eddie has always been my favorite dealer so this is not calling him a liar or anything. But, it seems if the mfg made the case then, the CGs would be perfect now? Perhaps they lost those particular toolings or cut costs or something... ? Perhaps they upgraded and lost them. Don't know much about mfg process, but I bet lots of changes happen.

Perhaps I misread one of his posts, but that is how I interpreted it.

I know from experience that when you are manufacturing under contract, your standards are going to be far more strict than outside of contract. If your spec's are off, then it will cost you big $$$, whereas producing for yourself, well, who cares? As long as they buy, why have strict quality control (cost/benefit analysis)?

The more machining, inspecting and finishing steps, the more cost.

Either way TW Classic is a great way to go.

[the above has been a paid endorsement for Eddie Lee]