When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega UPO or TAG Aquaracer Chronograph?

fivefive

I have a similar dilemma...

torn between TAG Link Chrono & UPO...

as I also have a relatively small wrist [6.5"] I'm hesistant to buy the UPO, however, it's engined by a Swiss ETA...

whereas the TAG Link Chrono is a smaller size but it's engined by the Asian 7750, therefore, needs to be serviced & oiled, which is very costly compared to the price of the rep...

it's a decision between UPO [bulky but reliable] or TAG Link Chrono [good size but questionable reliability]...

decisions decision :cc_confused:

another thing is I'm 29 years old...

I don't think many people in my age range could afford an OMEGA...

so I think people will "see through" that it's a rep...

whereas a TAG would be more, how should I say it...

"deceptive" :p

as I also have a relatively small wrist [6.5"] I'm hesistant to buy the UPO, however, it's engined by a Swiss ETA...

whereas the TAG Link Chrono is a smaller size but it's engined by the Asian 7750, therefore, needs to be serviced & oiled, which is very costly compared to the price of the rep...

it's a decision between UPO [bulky but reliable] or TAG Link Chrono [good size but questionable reliability]...

Have you considered the non-chronograph Link replica? It is powered by ETA-2824/ 2836, same as the original.

It is about 40mm and is very well made, with the comfortable Link-bracelet. It is a very close replica which has got little attention around here. :smile:

It is also a very believable watch for a young guy.

See the link to my review in my signature.

Dude, judging by your time zone you are in Australia, you can pick up a 12 month old planet ocean (gen) for around $3,000 AU. At your age, most people should be able to afford a gen watch at that sort of price. So don't worry too much about that, but perception can be an interesting thing, I was working at a gas station when I first arrived over here, and the wages you can make just doing that you can afford a decent gen watch here. But as I said, it is perception to a big degree, who would think someone working at a gas station can a fford a decent watch like that. Even at the moment, I am working at a department store, yes as part of the management team, but still I do think at times that people would look at my watch and wonder if it was a gen or a fake just because of where I am working. But just because I do that as a job right now, doesn't also mean I don't have other things going on after hours whre I can be making enough to buy a good watch, or whatever. And to be honest, the only watches I notice around this area are the Tags, nobody seems to know much about watches here except Tag, so if they buy something 'expensive', that tends to be what it is. I have yet to even notice anyone wearing an Omega around the place, let alone anyone with the more exotic brands, like Breitling, Panerai, AP, etc...

Hope I didn't ramble too much, all I can say is it was beer o'clock an hour ago...