When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chicago on NYE? GTG?

llsteve80

By now, you all know this is a big deal for me. Tomorrow, I will be checking in to the hyatt regency on wacker, and attending the NYE ball on, umm, NYE. This is going to be a bash, 4500 people! Yikes. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else from the area, or travelers are going to be around. Maybe we can have an impromptu get together. Flash some reps, drink some booze...whatever. If this sounds cool, shoot me a PM, I'll give you my gmail address to my BB, and we'll take it from there.

Wow, that sounds like a blast. I did one of those big parties at a hotel a few years ago, and it's just too much excitement for me. Our new tradition is throwing a party for friends at our house. Some people use it as a launch point for going downtown, some people as an alternative, and some as a place to go after the ball drops. Anyone in the Austin, TX area feel free to drop a line and get directions.

Bryan

Done the big downtown party thing many times, over it.

We're hanging out in our vacation home in Indiana, 2 blocks from Lake Mich.

The two of us will have a nice dinner, some champagne. Maybe a walk along the lake afterwards. Doubt if we'll see the fireworks at Navy Pier from our shore since it's so overcast and humid today.

Happy New Year to everyone, enjoy and be safe.