When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New run of Breit arrived...

lello

Hi all,

I want to update you about these datewheel production.

It was quite hard having stuff made around the Christmas and holidays time.

However, I managed to get some Breitling DWs, which came here on the last Dec 31st.

There were several people waiting for these DWs and have their name on the waiting list.

Before starting to ship them away, I want to report to you about a little, or maybe not so little (depending on point of view), problem that unfortunately this run has.

Basically there are a few numbers that are a bit moved towards the external part of the wheel.., these numbers are from 7 to 14.

The other numbers are fine.

I attached a scan of one of those, to let you see the entity of the problem, so that you will be able to decide if getting it as it is, or if you prefer waiting for a next re print.

breit_DW_matter.jpg.xs.jpg

I added this scan of a genuine DW, to be compared to the print and see better the problem entity:

gen-dw-scan.jpg.xs.jpg

Here is a photo montage that I tried to make as realistically as possible, to give you the actual idea of what this DW would look on the watch.

Just remember that only numbers from 7 to 14 would be affected by this matter and only 10 - 11 - 12, would be the worse ones, before and after them, the problem would be decreasing...

problem-entity.jpg.xs.jpg

What would happen with these DWs, is that these seven numbers, would appear moved to the right, although still inside the window.

Personally I don't like to sell DWs that are not working fine, so I'm ready to ship them back to the printer, but I have to warn you that this would mean to have them re printed not before three weeks time.

This is because the printer is now closed and will open again only on next Jan the 7th.

Another option could be that I take 30% off from the price, to compensate this imperfection, but I'm saying this, just because I'm so very sorry to let you wait so long to get them.

Just let me know what you guys prefer.

This being said, I would like to explain why some troubles sometimes happen on these DW production:

Until now I always put my printer in charge to produce the clich

Edited by lello

Lello,

First of all, I would like extend a big THANK YOU for all of your efforts! :clap:

I'm glad that I installed one of your PAM date wheels into my 087, which now is one of my favorite diver watches.

Secondly, would it be possible for you to lay a BCE dial over these "defective" date wheels so that we can judge how mis-aligned the numbers will be once installed?

I know this maybe a tall request, but I think it would greatly assist interested buyers in making a final decision. I'm ready to buy two of these, but I need to determine whether the mis-alignment will be acceptable.

Thanks!

Lello,

First of all, I would like extend a big THANK YOU for all of your efforts! :clap:

I'm glad that I installed one of your PAM date wheels into my 087, which now is one of my favorite diver watches.

Secondly, would it be possible for you to lay a BCE dial over these "defective" date wheels so that we can judge how mis-aligned the numbers will be once installed?

I know this maybe a tall request, but I think it would greatly assist interested buyers in making a final decision. I'm ready to buy two of these, but I need to determine whether the mis-alignment will be acceptable.

Thanks!

I added a scan of a genuine DW, hoping this could help.

On the scan of the printed DW, as you see i added a red rectangle, which simulate the date window.

I think that is the kind of effect we would have on a watch.

Now I will make a photo montage, placing a dial over the DW to better show the issue.

Lello, did the previous runs of the Breit DW also have this problem? I have not installed mine yet and do not want to if this shifted date number is the result.

This is the pic of the DW you should have received.

As you can see, if the problem is there, it's much less and not bothering enough.

Try to compare yours and let me know.

breit_run2_.jpg.xs.jpg

I don't think the ones from the previous run had this problem..maybe its centered a tiny bit to the right but from a far its not as noticeable..what do you think lello?

PC300574_45.jpg

This is right what I meant when I answered to cskent69.

Previous runs were almost perfect and as you said, only a very tiny non noticeable matter is there.

On this last run, the problem is more important, although it's very noticeable only on three numbers: 10 - 11 - 12 and slightly on 7 - 8 - 9 - 13 - 14, but on 7 and 14 it doesn't bother at all.

None of these numbers however, go out of the window even partially, so the numbers are all very well readable.

Again, I'm not trying to convince anyone to get them this way, I'm just trying to show how they actually are, because I know that the level of perfectionism it's different in each of us and somebody could not be bothered much from this matter, especially if the price is 30% off (and I'm not even sure if my printer will let me pay him this less, but I'll take the risk)

But he will surely re print them all, if I will show him they are not acceptable.

So, nobody have to be worried.

Here the problem it's just the time, as we have to wait other three weeks (no more than this) to re get them made again... and some of you guys are already waiting for a quite long time and that's why I'm so sorry....

lello,

Here is my position on this...

I'm planning on installing three of your Breitling date wheels, so I'd prefer to get it right the first time. Although, a 30% discount sounds tempting, I would prefer to pay your the normal price for one of your perfect date wheels.

Please keep us updated on when the "corrected" date wheels are available. Thanks!

lello,

Here is my position on this...

I'm planning on installing three of your Breitling date wheels, so I'd prefer to get it right the first time. Although, a 30% discount sounds tempting, I would prefer to pay your the normal price for one of your perfect date wheels.

Please keep us updated on when the "corrected" date wheels are available. Thanks!

That's fine.

I decided giving the chance to decide for the two options, just in case somebody was in real rush and couldn't expect any longer.

The new run, hopefully perfect, will be ready in 25 - 20 days time.

Obviously I will post when they will arrive.

Thanks all for your understanding and patience...