When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 029 GMT

bwhitesox

Whats the difference in the 2 movements...Is it that the 2836-2 is modified from its original state and wasn't designed to be a GMT movement ( This is just a guess by the way) And if so is it reliable.

As an RWG supporter, you have access to The Zigmeister's articles. Here's one where he answers your questions: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=35

Although it is specific to the Rolex hand stack version, I think it's applicable.

Another question...Could I buy an ETA 2893 and swap the movement.?

Would the hands etc all fit?

hands wouldn't fit...you should source new hands...ajoesmith posted a thread about the hands for eta2893-2 PAM...if there is enough interest he could probably source some...

What do you guys think of the Asian 21J version that Josh have?

http://www.pc-80108.com/pn02903-asian-auto...onal-p-441.html

this was one of my first PAMs...a great rep...the asian mvt was and still is flawless...sold it to a frien of mine once I got the 2893-2...he still has it and after more than 2 1/2 years the watch is still running strong...

great value rep for that money...

do not hesitate to get it...as a matter of fact there is on TRC one FS by a EU member for only 80$...

I've been toying with the idea of producing a new 6 mm cyclops with proper magnification that would be suitable for the 29,63,etc. I could use a couple spares myself. If there's enough demand, it might be worthwhile. And besides, then people wouldn't have to use a rep of my previous cyclops that was sized for newer PAMs only. ;)

Great idea!!!

BTW, no need for any kind of AR on the 29 since the gen had none.